Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,572 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting SGS4

Tip us?

avadis99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcornejo View Post
knox flag 0x1 is a e-fuse which burns out after the software is mofidied... there is no way known of setting it back to 0x0.

Here in Poland, there was a discussion about knox flag 0x1 and warrinty with Samsung officials, as the flag is also triggered when trying to downgrade your original firmware, example from 4.4.1 to 4.3.... and on tweeter Samsung Poland stated that the warranty is not lost when the flag is 0x1.. but is better to have it untouched...
Actually I had rooted it before with ODIn already when it had 4.4.2 again, so it is already triggered? Is there a way to check it? Also if it does not prevent future updates I prefer to continue with ODIN

fcornejo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by avadis99 View Post
Actually I had rooted it before with ODIn already when it had 4.4.2 again, so it is already triggered? Is there a way to check it? Also if it does not prevent future updates I prefer to continue with ODIN
You can check by entering to download mode...

avadis99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
One more question and really thank u for u r time.
Will it effect Knox tripping for the future updates? Besides warranty voiding does it have any other repercussions?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CarlM34
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by avadis99 View Post
One more question and really thank u for u r time.
Will it effect Knox tripping for the future updates? Besides warranty voiding does it have any other repercussions?

It will only affect your ability to downgrade......you won't be able to with official firmware. Upgrading is still possible and the Knox flag being triggered will not affect you upgrading but will never re-set the trigger.

avadis99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thank you so much