Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to flash this rom?

OP mariodarkblue

27th August 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Hi guys, i want to try the google play edition on my s4 gti9505.
Now, i've the original firmware, no root.
How can i flash the firmware that i've downloaded from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557353
I've to root my phone? now, i've stock i9505xxugn2 firware.
thanks a lot!
27th August 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #2  
MAX 404's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 898
 
1,563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodarkblue

Hi guys, i want to try the google play edition on my s4 gti9505.
Now, i've the original firmware, no root.
How can i flash the firmware that i've downloaded from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557353
I've to root my phone? now, i've stock i9505xxugn2 firware.
thanks a lot!

hi

root is not necessary only if you need it , for flashing you need custom recovery (twrp) and rom

from the thread

Installation instructions

I only support the latest TWRP recovery, AT&T users must loki after flashing

-Full wipe
-Flash ROM
-Reboot
27th August 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX 404

hi

root is not necessary only if you need it , for flashing you need custom recovery (twrp) and rom

from the thread

Installation instructions

I only support the latest TWRP recovery, AT&T users must loki after flashing

-Full wipe
-Flash ROM
-Reboot

Hi man..thanks for answer...no..i don t need root. But how can i find twrp recovery? Instruction to flash it?
27th August 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #4  
MAX 404's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 898
 
1,563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodarkblue

Hi man..thanks for answer...no..i don t need root. But how can i find twrp recovery? Instruction to flash it?

hi

here you go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468187

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/182
27th August 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #5  
myawan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 681
 
1,263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodarkblue

Hi man..thanks for answer...no..i don t need root. But how can i find twrp recovery? Instruction to flash it?

You should root because only then you would be able to back up EFS, and EFS backup is very recommended before you Flash anything custom.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to myawan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #6  
MAX 404's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 898
 
1,563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myawan

You should root because only then you would be able to back up EFS, and EFS backup is very recommended before you Flash anything custom.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes