S4 network won't turn on

OP AshtonKusher92

15th August 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi, So I recently just unlocked my Verizon S4. Switched the sim for a AT&T sim, when it rebooted it was working great. Till I realized tht in the notifications bar, "Unknown sim" is forever there. And my network shows up as H.. I checked my APN nd it's set to nothing. Help???!!! Oh, And it's on Global network... should it be?
15th August 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonKusher92

Hi, So I recently just unlocked my Verizon S4. Switched the sim for a AT&T sim, when it rebooted it was working great. Till I realized tht in the notifications bar, "Unknown sim" is forever there. And my network shows up as H.. I checked my APN nd it's set to nothing. Help???!!! Oh, And it's on Global network... should it be?

Have you attempted to search for your providers APN information and manually add it?
15th August 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 830

1,384 posts
More
Quote:

Mate

Are you sure your are unlock?? check network with your old sim card from verizon and see if it works....
15th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider

Have you attempted to search for your providers APN information and manually add it?

I just did this morning. I added to ATT network and I had to manually put in the APN settings. Now my signal icon shows a H+
15th August 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX 404

Mate

Are you sure your are unlock?? check network with your old sim card from verizon and see if it works....

What if I do that and it goes back to being lock to my Verizon sim? How would I know if it's really unlocked? Cause I'm using the data now. I can make calls, msgs, nd get on the Internet thanx to the apn settings I entered, but how do I change it to 4g icon instead of the H+? Nd getting rid if the unknown sim... or does none of this matters?
15th August 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

39 posts
Quote:

What if I do that and it goes back to being lock to my Verizon sim? How would I know if it's really unlocked? Cause I'm using the data now. I can make calls, msgs, nd get on the Internet thanx to the apn settings I entered, but how do I change it to 4g icon instead of the H+? Nd getting rid if the unknown sim... or does none of this matters?

You can always try to search for the 4G apn settings (if such exists) for Verizon, and or go to your mobile network settings and set 4G as preferred network type.
15th August 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 830

1,384 posts
More
Quote:

Mate ,

Once is unlock is always unlock no matter what sim you put in

You did not mention you could make call and send messages , to get 4G review your settings/connections /more networks /mobile networks and make sure you have the right setting there .

if you have dta and voice you should not have the "unknown sim " error ......try with a different sim to see if is sim related.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread