[Q] SCH-R970 and GSM unlocking

OP MisterGutsy

1st August 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I'm quite in a predicament here, as I bought a galaxy s4, the SCH-R970 to be exact, and it turns out it's simcard locked to CDMA and i have t-mobile, which is a GSM network provider.

apparently the hardware is the same between the r970, and the i9500, but the simcard slot is actually locked by cricket.

My question is, if i flash an i9500 rom to my phone, will i be able to use a GSM network? what if i flash the i9500 modem to my r970?

If this type of stuff can work on other android phones where the CDMA and GSM phones share the same hardware, why can't it work on the s4s? www(dot) internauta37.altervista(dot) org/how-and-patch-fully-enable-gsm-verizon-cdma-phones-android

Even the HTC one has this type of support, but not as many people are developing things and focusing on the r970. I'm sure its possible, because ive heard people getting calls to work, but not messaging. if we can go that far, im sure we can do more.

I'm really desperate to find a fix for this, because i'm pretty deep into this phone. My last option is to sell it, but who'd want to buy a cricket locked phone
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterGutsy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread