Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] screen no longer working

Tip us?

syngress
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] screen no longer working

Phone was working with no issues until the other day. I was viewing a web page and noticed the text didn't look quite right, it seemed to be shimmering. Then a bit later on switching to the camera app the screen was just a lot of green flashing lines, pressing home button worked and then starting the camera again it would either be the same or would work properly. Then later that evening after using the phone fine opening the s cover the screen would not come on but the menu and back buttons would light up, pressing the power button a couple of times would make the screen appear. Then that stopped working as well, and no even then back and menu buttons don't light up. the phone still seems to work as plugging in the headphones and pressing the button on them starts my music playing, but I can't get the screen to turn on at all.

The phone has never been dropped has been very well looked after and is immaculate , there are no scratches on the screen and I can't see any cracks (from a pressure break) either.

Any ideas?

ipois0n1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
this might sound like im trolling, but did you try turning it off and on again?
seriously, your screen is probably broken. send it to sammys customer service or whereever you bought your phone and let them check and/or repair it
i9505 \\ 4.4.2 \\ Omega v37 - XXUGNH7 - KTKernel

My first script *click*

Hit the Thanks button if my reply was useful