Ask a question

No registration required

Soon to get S4 I9505 (Build: NC8) - Requesting Recoveries / ROM information

OP Skyrider

10th July 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

41 posts
In a few days, I might pick up a Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505) with build number that ends with NC8. I recently got aware of the recent samsung builds that prevents recoveries, though I am aware of the safestrap method. I've been looking and searching through a few threads (and google results) regarding with what build number I'll be getting, what I can do with it. (Normal recovery or safestrap method) but so far I only get information regarding MDL, MF3, MK2, etc.

I was wondering if someone could pin-point me to the right direction to what exactly I can and cannot do with this build. I'd appreciate it. Here's an image of the version I'll be getting.

It's a dutch version by the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S4.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2844581  
Last edited by Skyrider; 10th July 2014 at 11:00 PM.
10th July 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 313

1,971 posts
Safestrap is not for your device. That's for the at&t version. You have the I9505 thus there is no protection what so ever (besides Knox).

The build number is not important for rooting or flashing custom recovery. Just use cf auto-root and you will be fine. Pick the recovery you want and flash away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

41 posts
Awesome, thanks for the quick responds! I appreciate the information, as I'd prefer not to screw things up. Guess I didn't pay attention enough to the "AT&T" version. Though I find it a bit strange that they enforce a better security on 1 (or more) version(s) over the other, while it's the same device.

But I assume it has to do with the country / and their laws.
Last edited by Skyrider; 11th July 2014 at 12:06 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread