Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Post Reply

[Q] Special CUSTOM ROM..I cant find !!!

2nd September 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
I need custom ROM with these features:

- BASED ON ORIGINAL TOUCHWIZ from Samsung (I need original drivers because I use SCREEN MIRRORING, DLNA etc. so CYANOGENMOD not working)

- with implement ROOT access

- system shoul be able read NTFS or exFAT file system on SD CARD ( I need to save large file more than 4GB)

- I need to save for example via atorrent aplication directly to SD CARD so I need permission for writing to external card ( because from KITKAT 4.4.2 it is not possible)

- when I plug in usb to pc I want to have option: USB storage mode for SD card ( i know USB mass storage enabler but not working on my root device with instaled BUSYBOX so I need implement solution in system)

is on this world this type of ROM for GALAXY S4 I9505 (android 4.4.2 or newer ) or Do I want so much???
I dont need no more than this features of ROM because google makes life harder with every change of system

pls and thanks
2nd September 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #2  
dwarfer66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 511
 
450 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortalll

I need custom ROM with these features:

- BASED ON ORIGINAL TOUCHWIZ from Samsung (I need original drivers because I use SCREEN MIRRORING, DLNA etc. so CYANOGENMOD not working)

- with implement ROOT access

- system shoul be able read NTFS or exFAT file system on SD CARD ( I need to save large file more than 4GB)

- I need to save for example via atorrent aplication directly to SD CARD so I need permission for writing to external card ( because from KITKAT 4.4.2 it is not possible)

- when I plug in usb to pc I want to have option: USB storage mode for SD card ( i know USB mass storage enabler but not working on my root device with instaled BUSYBOX so I need implement solution in system)

is on this world this type of ROM for GALAXY S4 I9505 (android 4.4.2 or newer ) or Do I want so much???
I dont need no more than this features of ROM because google makes life harder with every change of system

pls and thanks

Hey mate you could try Echoe Rom v29 (Has only S4 features) or v29.1 (Has S5 features).
2nd September 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfer66

Hey mate you could try Echoe Rom v29 (Has only S4 features) or v29.1 (Has S5 features).


is there working usb mass storage option ???
Last edited by Mortalll; 2nd September 2014 at 08:35 AM.
2nd September 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #4  
dwarfer66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 511
 
450 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
USB mass storage option is missing in all Samsung android smartphones running android 4.0 ICS or later.In these smartphones we have only one option and that is MTP. MTP stands for Media Transfer Protocol and works similarly like USB mass storage but it can't compete with it because the data migration speed is very slow.

But there is an other trick by which you can enable USB mass storage mode on Samsung galaxy S4 by using an app called SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.This app is specially designed for Samsung galaxy series to enable their mass storage mode.

So no later versions have it, but you can always go with a fast sd card.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwarfer66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfer66

USB mass storage option is missing in all Samsung android smartphones running android 4.0 ICS or later.In these smartphones we have only one option and that is MTP. MTP stands for Media Transfer Protocol and works similarly like USB mass storage but it can't compete with it because the data migration speed is very slow.

But there is an other trick by which you can enable USB mass storage mode on Samsung galaxy S4 by using an app called SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.This app is specially designed for Samsung galaxy series to enable their mass storage mode.

So no later versions have it, but you can always go with a fast sd card.

Does the SG USB mass storage enabler work on your device because it doesnt work for me..maybe I should try another pc another windows..
any tips for fix this problem?? ..busybox installed..
3rd September 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #6  
dwarfer66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 511
 
450 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
I dont use that proggy, I just plug my phone into the pc and open the sd card from there and transfer files.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank