Swype update broke my phone

Tip us?

lukair1983
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Swype update broke my phone

Hi

I updated swype yesterday, which went fine in itself. I restarted the phone couple hours later, and the phone got stuck on the Samsung logo. Tried restarting, pulling out the battery, nothing did the trick.

Clearing the cache's helped, but only to some extend. Immiedietly after going into homescreen, apps started to crash, starting from Nova Launcher.

Loading the nandroid backup that I did in june helped, so much so, that I pinpointed that swype was the one app that messes things up. I loaded the nandroid backup of broken OS that I did, and tried to uninstall swype from adb which went fine, but the problem did not go away, which makes me believe something is deeply broken over here.

Anybody had similar expieriences in the past, and could point me out to how to fix the problem? I really would hate to re-do all the things I did on the phone since june.

LancerEvoDrifter
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukair1983 View Post
Hi

I updated swype yesterday, which went fine in itself. I restarted the phone couple hours later, and the phone got stuck on the Samsung logo. Tried restarting, pulling out the battery, nothing did the trick.

Clearing the cache's helped, but only to some extend. Immiedietly after going into homescreen, apps started to crash, starting from Nova Launcher.

Loading the nandroid backup that I did in june helped, so much so, that I pinpointed that swype was the one app that messes things up. I loaded the nandroid backup of broken OS that I did, and tried to uninstall swype from adb which went fine, but the problem did not go away, which makes me believe something is deeply broken over here.

Anybody had similar expieriences in the past, and could point me out to how to fix the problem? I really would hate to re-do all the things I did on the phone since june.
so, let me try and understand this, if you don't update swype, there is nothing wrong with your phone?

lukair1983
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Correct. For now I'm on my june nandroid backup and everything works as expected.

lukair1983
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Solved

It turned out this update made swype be disabled in the OS keyboard settings, and combined with the fact I froze native keyboard apk, it made unnexpected results after every boot.

Once I restored the native keyboard apk in my june image, swype update went fine, and everything is back to normal.

Topic can be closed.