Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [FIXED] [DELETE THIS THREAD] Galaxy SIV GT-I9505 /system/framework files problem

Tip us?

KevinGregory
Old
(Last edited by KevinGregory; 6th July 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] [FIXED] [DELETE THIS THREAD] Galaxy SIV GT-I9505 /system/framework files problem

Hello everyone!
Im not new to xda forums, but I'm new as a user, so I am really sorry if I'm writing in the wrong section.

I live in Hungary and I have a GT-I9505 unlocked by default device.
Yesterday i went ahead and rooted my phone using Towelroot to keep KNOX untrigered. Oh btw i was running android ver. 4.4.2.
I rooted my phone without any problems, and KNOX was still 0x0, installed busybox and xposed framework.

I installed GS5 launcher and apps, and to get MyMagazine working i had to replace some files in /system/framework named
twframework-res.apk
and
twframework.jar

I did those without any problems. I wanted to restore my S4 to its original look, so i started putting back the original files, both in system/framework and in system/priv-app

While i was deleting thos two framework files, I accidentaly pressed the home button, so the changes took affect, and i got a lot of FC windows, making me unable to use my phone to get back those files.

I have a backup of those files, on my SD card, i just cant put them back because of those force close windows.

I tried wiping cache and data in recovery mode (stock, no CWM or such) but that didn't help either, and now i have the galaxy setup process+the FC windows.

Is there anyway to make my phone working correctly again?

Really sorry for the long text and any mistakes, it's 2am here and I'm really tired and I'm just trying to get my phone back to normal.

KevinGregory
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I ended up reflashing an official samsung firmware with Odin, and now my problem's gone.