FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Urgent Help!

24th December 2014, 06:30 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Radovis
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi there XDA People!
As you can see from the picture i got a translucent line under my screen.
My phone never dropped!
what could be?
any fix or i need to replace the display ? ? ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10847046_10205649727592491_930405682_n.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	3080161  

24th December 2014, 08:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I dont know what that is, my closest guess would be a line of dead pixels but it doesnt really even look like that, it kinda looks like its on your screen and not your actual display, could it be something under it like a liquid? Does your screen still turn on?
24th December 2014, 10:07 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Radovis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthedopest

I dont know what that is, my closest guess would be a line of dead pixels but it doesnt really even look like that, it kinda looks like its on your screen and not your actual display, could it be something under it like a liquid? Does your screen still turn on?

yes it's working fine,everything works as usual but the line is getting bigger from time to time.... i really don't know what to do
when the screen turns on the line is like a translucent....
24th December 2014, 10:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I want to say its something leaking onto the display but it looks like somekind of scratch on the screen itself, you could youtube a video on how to disassemble the display and take a hands on look, its not too hard but it voids whatever warrenty you have
25th December 2014, 09:15 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
See the following guide on opening your phone:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung...lacement/16540
25th December 2014, 02:37 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Radovis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthedopest

I want to say its something leaking onto the display but it looks like somekind of scratch on the screen itself, you could youtube a video on how to disassemble the display and take a hands on look, its not too hard but it voids whatever warrenty you have

I looked some videos but as you said maybe is a liquid it looks like that but never any liquid spilled on my phone as i can remember the line appeared after using a long skype video call the phone was pretty hot maybe that's the reason for the line appeared.
Anyway can i open the display just to check what's going on or i can't do that.
25th December 2014, 05:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeto

I looked some videos but as you said maybe is a liquid it looks like that but never any liquid spilled on my phone as i can remember the line appeared after using a long skype video call the phone was pretty hot maybe that's the reason for the line appeared.
Anyway can i open the display just to check what's going on or i can't do that.

Unfortunately, you cannot just separate the display to clean it.. The glass is stuck to the display with an adhesive.
25th December 2014, 06:52 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 669

More
It almost seems like a fault in the adhesive. I wonder if contacting someone at Samsung or the carrier would help, as it doesn't look like physical abuse or damage.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread