FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Urgent Help!

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By gorgeto, Member on 24th December 2014, 06:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi there XDA People!
As you can see from the picture i got a translucent line under my screen.
My phone never dropped!
what could be?
any fix or i need to replace the display ? ? ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10847046_10205649727592491_930405682_n.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	3080161  
 
 
24th December 2014, 08:46 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I dont know what that is, my closest guess would be a line of dead pixels but it doesnt really even look like that, it kinda looks like its on your screen and not your actual display, could it be something under it like a liquid? Does your screen still turn on?
24th December 2014, 10:07 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Radovis
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthedopest

I dont know what that is, my closest guess would be a line of dead pixels but it doesnt really even look like that, it kinda looks like its on your screen and not your actual display, could it be something under it like a liquid? Does your screen still turn on?

yes it's working fine,everything works as usual but the line is getting bigger from time to time.... i really don't know what to do
when the screen turns on the line is like a translucent....
24th December 2014, 10:14 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I want to say its something leaking onto the display but it looks like somekind of scratch on the screen itself, you could youtube a video on how to disassemble the display and take a hands on look, its not too hard but it voids whatever warrenty you have
25th December 2014, 09:15 AM |#5  
xebozone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
See the following guide on opening your phone:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung...lacement/16540
25th December 2014, 02:37 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Radovis
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthedopest

I want to say its something leaking onto the display but it looks like somekind of scratch on the screen itself, you could youtube a video on how to disassemble the display and take a hands on look, its not too hard but it voids whatever warrenty you have

I looked some videos but as you said maybe is a liquid it looks like that but never any liquid spilled on my phone as i can remember the line appeared after using a long skype video call the phone was pretty hot maybe that's the reason for the line appeared.
Anyway can i open the display just to check what's going on or i can't do that.
25th December 2014, 05:56 PM |#7  
xebozone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeto

I looked some videos but as you said maybe is a liquid it looks like that but never any liquid spilled on my phone as i can remember the line appeared after using a long skype video call the phone was pretty hot maybe that's the reason for the line appeared.
Anyway can i open the display just to check what's going on or i can't do that.

Unfortunately, you cannot just separate the display to clean it.. The glass is stuck to the display with an adhesive.
25th December 2014, 06:52 PM |#8  
Strephon Alkhalikoi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 757
 
More
It almost seems like a fault in the adhesive. I wonder if contacting someone at Samsung or the carrier would help, as it doesn't look like physical abuse or damage.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes