[REF][KitKat] Kernel Stock Collection i9505

Search This thread

jasonkalathil

Jan 25, 2017
I have UK based s4 i9505, I flashed the mobile with other kernel and now the menu button and soft key button is not responding. I don't remember the previous kernel Id please help me ouy

Dayhood

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,
search a Stock Kernel for a GT-I9505
INFO:
Model GT-I9505
Version 5.0.1
Basisbandversion: I9505XXUHHOJ2
BuildNr. LRX22C.I9505XXUHOJ2

give my please a Link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! My great mate and friend @edzamber has made a collection of all KitKat Stock Kernel and has made them available for all us! So, all credits go to him!

The Kernel is a computer program that manages input/output requests from software and translates them into data processing instructions for the central processing unit known also as CPU. The Kernel acts as an intermediary between the software and the hardware.

Neither @edzamber nor I are responsible of any damages caused by your mistakes. Perform the procedure at your own risk!

No mirrors please

Requirements:
    - A PC using Windows.
    - Samsung driver --> HERE.
    - Odin 3.07 or Odin 3.09 or Odin 3.10.

You have always to flash a Kernel matched to your ROM version. For example, if your ROM is GNG8, you have to flash the Kernel_Stock_GNG8.tar.md5 file. Otherwise your Wi-Fi will not work. If you flash a Stock Kernel on a Custom ROM, your Wi-Fi will not work because there aren't the stock modules in /system partition. You will need to download the firmware matched to the Kernel version, extract stock modules from system.img.ext4 using the kitchen and then put them in /system partition setting right permissions. Some stock modules are available HERE.

Let's start!
    1) Download Stock Kernel from HERE.
    2) Run Odin on your PC.
    3) Reboot your device into download mode.
    4) Put the Kernel in PDA/AP.
    5) Put the tick only on "Autoreboot" and "F. Reset Time".
    6) Click on "Start" to flash the Kernel.
    7) Flash Stock Modules via recovery custom if you have one. Otherwise put manually them in /system partition using a file manager.
    8) Reboot and enjoy!

Contributors:
    @peppe130
    @edzamber

Original thread: Phonandroid.com
    Added GNH8 stock modules
    Added GNH7 stock modules