View Poll Results: Are you interested more to boot ROMs from MicroSD Card or USB-OTG drive?

MicroSD Card
 
100 Vote(s)
91.74%
USB-OTG drive
 
9 Vote(s)
8.26%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][16/12] MultiROM v30c

Announcement from AntaresOne: MultiROM v30c for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm variants)
Yesterday, 12:30 AM |#621  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazz72

Hi @AntaresOne could you plz. update this to new version?

TNX.

It's already compiled and everything; the problem is that the file is too big for our recovery partitions.
Yesterday, 12:48 AM |#622  
AntaresOne's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Chieti, Italy
Thanks Meter: 11,915
 
1,684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazz72

Hi @AntaresOne could you plz. update this to new version?

TNX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotrumpet

It's already compiled and everything; the problem is that the file is too big for our recovery partitions.

My tester @Jimsilver73 is testing the v31 update, but I'm stuck with recovery... Always too big for our partition

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
Yesterday, 12:54 AM |#623  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaresOne

My tester @Jimsilver73 is testing the v31 update, but I'm stuck with recovery... Always too big for our partition

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

If it came down to it, would we have to repartition our phones to get it to work?

EDIT: I just thought of something. Would it be possible to create a flashable script to repartition the device in one go? Like, decrease /cache partition for /recovery and /data partitions? Just throwing out ideas.
Last edited by Xenotrumpet; Yesterday at 01:03 AM. Reason: Idea
Yesterday, 01:14 AM |#624  
Technical's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 291
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaresOne

My tester @Jimsilver73 is testing the v31 update, but I'm stuck with recovery... Always too big for our partition

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

But Antares, the official TWRP 2.8.6.0 is out for our device...
Yesterday, 01:58 AM |#625  
AntaresOne's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Chieti, Italy
Thanks Meter: 11,915
 
1,684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotrumpet

If it came down to it, would we have to repartition our phones to get it to work?

EDIT: I just thought of something. Would it be possible to create a flashable script to repartition the device in one go? Like, decrease /cache partition for /recovery and /data partitions? Just throwing out ideas.

No way mate, our device is write protected...

This means that we can't touch the partition table without JTAG reflash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technical

But Antares, the official TWRP 2.8.6.0 is out for our device...

You mean my 2.8.6.0 with F2FS support? Yes... The problem is that original TWRP is ~2.5MB less size in ramdisk when compiled than MultiROM's, and this last is required to manage its stuff.

Unfortunately it needs some things more, these make recovery ramdisk bigger and impossible to flash built image on the device...

I'm still trying to find a way even if it's hard, therefore this project is suspended till I don't succeed in building a fully working recovery update, since it's really required to have 100% compatibility with the new MultiROM v31 and Lollipop ROMs.

Sadly apologize for the issue but it's not my fault

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AntaresOne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes