FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

View Poll Results: Are you interested more to boot ROMs from MicroSD Card or USB-OTG drive?

MicroSD Card

100 Vote(s)
91.74%
USB-OTG drive

9 Vote(s)
8.26%

[MOD][15 June] MultiROM v32a

1,982 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,062

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from AntaresOne: MultiROM v32a for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm variants)
24th August 2015, 01:51 AM |#861  
Flag wellsville, kansas
Thanks Meter: 655

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okaham

Things I've noticed, is anyone else experiencing these issues?

1. For ROMs that support Layers/RRO, the Layers Manager app always FC's...I'm guessing it has something to do with MultiROM because every single ROM I've tried with Layers has this issue...

2. Google Play Store seems to always FC no matter what gapps package I flash...? This is seen on all ROMs I flash as Secondary in MultiROM as well

If anybody can offer any sort of help, it would be greatly appreciated! I've been trying to run some Android 5.1 ROMs as Secondary, I have TouchWiz 5.0 (Albe S6 ROM) as my Primary

Layers is working for me on Slim ROMs ...

As far as the google fc
First try clearing cache and data from play store and play services then full reboot immediately.

If that doesn't do it then boot back to recovery

*multirom menu /
*secondary ROM/
*select run restorecon (swipe to confirm) ...reboot

24th August 2015, 02:43 PM |#862  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckvisme

Try formatting part of your external SD to ext4 (and use this for ROMs) ....

I've tried doing so with MiniTool Partition Wizard but my second partition just ends up being "Other"
Is there another way to format the part to ext4 in Windows or through Android directly?
24th August 2015, 04:13 PM |#863  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymelis

Hi guys,
Having Imperium LL v9 as primary ROM (and associated Imperium kernel 2.3 with kexec hardboot), I tried to install "[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1_r8] BlissPop v3.7 [jfltexx] [UPDATE 19/07/2015]" but I am getting the same error as xchatter (see his snapshot copied here - I have no time to take the snapshot myself as it immediately reboots by itself).
I have multirom-20150615-v32a-UNOFFICIAL-jflte.zip and TWRP_multirom_jflte_20150615.zip installed.
Any idea what's goign wrong ? 5.1.1 not supported yet maybe ?
Mutlirom error
Thanks

Edit: also tried to install "[JDCTeam][5.1.1][25 July] Optimized CyanogenMod 12.1 builds" on external, but same thing : black screen with message "shutting down multirom to avoid data corruption"...

Have the same problem when installing any Lollipop based rom on my internal
24th August 2015, 04:18 PM |#864  
Flag wellsville, kansas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axewfious

I've tried doing so with MiniTool Partition Wizard but my second partition just ends up being "Other"
Is there another way to format the part to ext4 in Windows or through Android directly?

Yes...I used twrp to format ...
It seems to work better...just remember not all roms support all formats (like f2fs) ...I used

20gb ext4 (this is where I install roms)
44gb exfat

On the external SD card
I think internal SD is all ext4
24th August 2015, 04:58 PM |#865  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckvisme

Yes...I used twrp to format ...
It seems to work better...just remember not all roms support all formats (like f2fs) ...I used

20gb ext4 (this is where I install roms)
44gb exfat

On the external SD card
I think internal SD is all ext4

There's no "Partition SD Card" option in the modified MultiRom TWRP, do I have to reflash the original TWRP?
24th August 2015, 05:56 PM |#866  
Flag wellsville, kansas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axewfious

There's no "Partition SD Card" option in the modified MultiRom TWRP, do I have to reflash the original TWRP?

Your right..my mistake ..the option for 'parition SD card' is on the htc M8 not the s4 yet...maybe they can add that soon...?

On the m8 2.8.6 MR TWRP you click advanced then the option to partition ad is right there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440435267681.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	3450096   Click image for larger version

Name:	1440435291090.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	3450098  
27th August 2015, 01:21 PM |#867  
Flag Nixa, MO
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Why no I545 JFLTEVZW love? Just not going to happen?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread