Originally Posted by ksenthi5
As am not so novice on Hardware, when you ask me to request the service technician to change the hall sensor, even after changing the motherboard, do you mean that the Change of board doesnt constitute hall sensor change?.
is that a seperate entity
samsung replace the phone only if problem unable to resolve after changing parts several times. thats why i told you like that.
there is only three kind of problems.
1. sensors not working properly
2. sensors working properly but sensorhub ic(u805) or corresponding ic unable to process values from sensor and fail to send further.
3. environment makes the sensor work ubnormaly.
in motherboard it has most of sensors as well as ic's u805 , u807 & u600 .
in small piece of pcb in bottom have humidity and temperature sensors which feed data to the above ic's.
few sensors may not directly in motherboard and feed data to motherboard.
i just want to know few things
1. whats your exact problem ? (screen goes blank sometimes or do you see the mini window ). screen goes blank in two situations. 1) when samsung service receive DOOR_CLOSED event from hall sensor , 2) proximity sensor detect close objects and during call (by software program) it turn off display.
2. settings > My Device > Accessory > S View Cover - make sure this setting is disabled for you.
3. how you checked your hall sensor is malfunctioning ?
To activate hallsensor
SIMPLY USE MAGNETIC SCREW DRIVER . see the snapshots
also pls send your email id to me in PM, i will send you some reference materials and circuits. so you can understand better.