[ROM][4.4.4] Dirty Unicorns 7.9 Official v2

Search This thread

tobiasth

Oct 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
DU TBO GAPPS 09/20/14

You can find them in Dirty Tweaks > Download Center or from the link below.

They include blacked out
Chrome
Drive
Hangouts
Play Music
YouTube
Google Now Launcher
Multi DPI Play Store (not inverted)
Google Plus*
Google Now*

*Can be updated via the playstore if using a theme.

Gapps link http://goo.gl/3dcG27

Change log: 09-20
Fixed up Chrome
Updated Hangouts

Reactions: davidwilson83

DanteDFG

Apr 15, 2012
Philadelphia
Guys this is my battery today, this isn't bad is it? I've been playing games & web browsing all day, with little idle time.

I'll show it again tomorrow since I've found where to turn off backlight & I'll tune CPU again

Edit: Tuned CPU some, device is cold & this is the longest 1% drop I've ever faced...
Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1411270297331.jpg
    1411270297331.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

dclarkg

Dec 18, 2013
San Jose
Well, flashed the build on the OP and full charge overnight, I'm testing it right now and zero issues so far! Love the halo feature!

Is there any way to change the buttons behaviour? I can't find where to change what menu/back buttons do

dclarkg

Dec 18, 2013
San Jose
I found a little bug, sometimes when I unlock the device the status bar disappears and I have to lock/unlock the phone to make it appear. I'm using screen blur on lockscreen so it could be part of the bug. It happens rarely, just reporting. :)

DanteDFG

Apr 15, 2012
Philadelphia
Great Battery So Far, lol. But my question, is there a way I can remap my power button to use Greenify's "Hibernate + Lock" function instead of normal screen off?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1411359631010.jpg
    1411359631010.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

arcane spade

Jun 5, 2012

FREAK0N

Dec 22, 2010
Hermosillo
Well, flashed the build on the OP and full charge overnight, I'm testing it right now and zero issues so far! Love the halo feature!

Is there any way to change the buttons behaviour? I can't find where to change what menu/back buttons do

Yeah.. im loving this ROM so far... but i have the same concern about the menu and back buttons..
The Back key can be configured to Kill App at Ditry Tweaks and Misc Tweaks....
but i want to set my menu buttons to long press it and toggles between last app.

Is there a way i can set this??
----------------------------------------------------
Edit

I Have another "thing"
The Active Display setting do not allow me to enable it.
Is this only for Moto devices??

Thanks.

Last edited:

spaceman860

Jan 11, 2012
Yeah.. im loving this ROM so far... but i have the same concern about the menu and back buttons..
The Back key can be configured to Kill App at Ditry Tweaks and Misc Tweaks....
but i want to set my menu buttons to long press it and toggles between last app.

Is there a way i can set this??
Edit

I Have another "thing"
The Active Display setting do not allow me to enable it.
Is this only for Moto devices??

Thanks.

You can't use active display if you have lockscreen notifications enabled. You have to use one or the other.

Reactions: FREAK0N

therealrayzzor

Jul 6, 2010
Neo Louisiana
Infrared don't work for me .. it's normal ?
Congratz for the wonderful work :good:

What app are you using for ir? I'm not on this rom at the moment but every rom I was using seemed to have broken ir until I read somebody was using the WatchOn app with no problem...I downloaded it and it worked for me...so it's probably something that has caused some kind of incompatibility with other ir apps...try WatchOn and see if it works if it isn't already the one you're using.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PYrN00g.png

R3AxhGJ.png

Dirty Unicorns is a custom ROM built with stability in mind and optional customization. The idea to start this ROM began out of pure boredom around 4.1.2 on the EVO 3D and later turned into a form of an addiction (a good one) to see where we could go from there. We have since expanded to more devices to include the HTC One, Nexus 5, SGS4 and many more. We quickly realize that users loved what we were doing as well as other developers because it was done the right way. We've always had fun doing it and take pride in knowing that we've done it without having to bug the end user for donations to pay for server costs and/or any of those sob stories you hear. This ROM is 100 percent free and will remain that way.​

Those wanting to use our ROM as a base are more the welcomed to do so but please maintained the credits/thanks below, do not ask for donations as it wouldn't be fair to do so considering and let us know as we often like to contribute to other projects.

uBHbp4C.png

As stated above, we love to maintain authorship but we also like to publicly praise those that have helped us along the way with our wonderful project. With that said, this wouldn't be possible without the work and help of those listed below :) THANK YOU ALL!!

| OmniROM | AOKP | CM | ChaOS | Paranoid Android | Slim ROMs | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators |

Please check our gerrit/github for full credits/thanks of individual contributors​
    Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.

LdRPVIa.png

Code:
    -- [b]Theme chooser![/b]
    -- Heads up
    -- Built-in ad blocker (able to update hosts on the fly)
    -- Ability to disable FC notifications
    -- Enable pointer/user microphone options (screen record)
    -- Download Center (Gapps, Xposed, etc)
    -- Ability to force Expanded Notifications
    -- Over 100 cloud based wallpapers
    -- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot In Power Menu
    -- Appbar (app sidebar)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Halo size/color changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod (only for HW button devices)
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- SuperSU (chainfire)
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Toast Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification
    -- Statusbar Color options
    -- OmniSwitch (multi-tasking tool)
    -- Driving Mode 
    -- Lockscreen theme options
    -- Lockscreen notifications / options
    -- System App Remover
    -- Identicons
    -- Suspend Actions
    -- Wakelock Actions
    -- SlimROM based recents
    -- Contextual notification panel headers
    -- SlimROMs privacy guard
    -- Blacklist calls/sms

And much much more, just take a peek into Dirty Tweaks and ENJOY!!!

Q4fzpUl.png

- https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat/android_kernel_samsung_jf

ACCE4QT.png

- Make sure you have TWRP or compatible recovery for kitkat.
    - Wipe everything (system, data and both caches)
    - Flash ROM and Gapps reboot and enjoy.

KBqzEHF.png

-- Have not seen any issues but if you do, please provide as much information as possible and/or a logcat

o9S1gUw.png

Code:
     [b]v7.9 - 21-08-2014[/b]
    - MIUI Style carrier text in the statusbar
    - Bring Slim Recents up-to-date with SlimROM
    - Show notification when charging
    - Modify Location Tile
    - Filter spam notifications
    - Move Dark UI into themes
    - Theme chooser fixes
    - Toggle boot audio on and off
    - Add ability to play audio to Boot Animation
    - New shutdown animation and busy dialog
    - 6-bar signal icon style
    - Overscroll effects
    - Add moar Gapps to the Download Center
    - Camera2: Make navigation bar and status bar transparent
    - User defined wifi/usb tether network
    - Toggle nav bar through power menu
    - Add hardware tunables for some devices
    - Show plugged type (AC / USB) on QS battery tile
    - Option to always show heads up in expanded mode
    - Option to disable heads up in lockscreen
    - G+ system ui f/c fix
    - DU Neon Clock
    - Add option for setting device phone number
    - Removed redundant features from tablets

[b]v7.8 - 02-08-2014[/b]
    - Update to android-4.4.4_r2
    - New Bootanimation
    - Left handed navbar during landscape mode
    - CPUFreq Tile
    - Fix hot reboot
    - Fake Id vulnerability fix
    - Allow changing theme to Holo.Light without crashing
    - Themes: Make notification list bg themeable
    - Move LCD density from build.prop to it's own category
    - Fix holo dark background
    - DU about app: Add/Remove People/Devices and General Cleanup
    - Moar Double tap to sleep options
    - Back to kill app mod
    - Fix crash when set .gif as wallpaper
    - Fix themes not sticking on reboot if using Xposed framework
    - Weather panel
    - Fix SwiftKey disappearing issue
    - Fix QS layout for camera tile

[B]7.7 - 07-07-14[/B]
    - Updated the ASCII art for flashing
    - Theme chooser
    - Heads up
    - Ability to disable immersive messages
    - Blacklist/configureable timeout for heads up
    - New sound recorder
    - Roboto Fonts from Android L
    - Updated SuperSU to v2.01
    - Many "under the hood" changes

[B]7.6 - 06/29/14[/B]
    - Redesigned the Dirty Tweaks
    - Some security patches for smdk4412
    - Apollo updates

For a more detailed changelog, feel free to check out our Gerrit 
    [URL]http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z[/URL]

w8dPBLu.png

DOWNLOAD - DU_jflte_4.4.4_20140908-1007.v7.9-OFFICIAL_V2.zip

WEEKLIES CAN BE FOUND HERE - http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/

GAPPS -
    PA 0-Day Gapps
    Banks' Gapps
    DU TBO Gapps

wqWTvgS.png

Google+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
    Please keep in mind that in our Google+ community, we like to post test builds to fix bugs and/or gauge what the user would like to see in this ROM.
    With this said, if you would like to test out an experimental build (might not be stable) please check out our G+ community.

Github source (4.4.4) - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat
    Gerrit review - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/
    Jenkins - http://jenkins.dirtyunicorns.com/

If you would like to submit a patch to our ROM, please use our gerrit as pull requests often go unnoticed.
    All patches are welcomed and reviewed in a timely matter :)

For more screenshots, please visit this imgur gallery - http://imgur.com/a/KRhfq#0

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR ANY VERSION OF THIS ROM!
    - IF THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH THE LINKS, JUST LET ME KNOW!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dirty Unicorns, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    thereald, thereald
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.9 v2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-08

Created 2014-08-31
    Last Updated 2014-09-08
    Reserved

A small statement from my side:
    I may not always have time to check my threads. I usually stay on top of things, but real life happens and real life is even more important to me than everything else, especially my family !

When reporting bug's, or requesting new features, the best way to make sure your heard, and a sure fire way to get things done is using our Jira site. There's always someone monitoring this, so if I'm tied up, there's a good chance that by reporting here, your issues will be resolved quickly. Remember, before you post anything, take into consideration what your issue is:

-- Could it be a gapps issue?
    -- Are you running a different kernel than the one provided that could be causing problems?
    -- Are you running any unsupported Xposed modules?

If not, use this tool to your advantage and make life easier for us all! You need to create a simple user name and password to access the site. It'll only take a few seconds, and Neither of these can be seen by us, it's just a security measure.

Here's a link to the site: http://jira.dirtyunicorns.com/browse/DU-60?filter=-3

Please make sure before posting a bug or/and a feature request in JIRA, that no one else has already posted it before.

And do all of us an favour and respect the following:
    -- No asking for ETA's
    -- No asking for integrating Hover, cause we will NEVER integrate Hover into the rom !
    -- We don't accept any form of donations
    -- Don't think you are an customer and we own you a thing, cause we don't own anything to you guys
    -- Don't ask for ART support, yes you can use ART within the rom, but don't ask for support when running into any issues
    -- When you're going to post an bug in JIRA, please provide us as much information as you can and grab a logcat if it's needed

I don't have the experience and the acknowledgement as Jake and others of our team, I will work hard to get into that stuff as soon as possible, but this will definitely take some time, also i'm doin graphics for Dirty Unicorns, have my real life & my family, so if you respect all those things we will be fine !!!
    Is there a problem with the jflte build, or is it a matter of the maintainer getting around to compiling? I'm not complaining - just asking. Seems like jflte is always late to the party. If I recall correctly there was a problem with the dialer on 7.9 so it took time to fix. I'd be happy to contribute unofficial versions but not if they're broken. Wondering if I can help out the other impatient flash junkies.

The maintainer broke his device and no longer can test builds to release. If you don't like waiting you could always DL the source and fix the stuff yourself. Or you could be patient like everyone else while we sort this crap out. If you didn't notice ALOT was broken, than upgrading the kernel broke some other stuff. Read up a little before you post.:eek:

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Anyway I was just dropping in to say I've got a new Unofficial v8.1 up on G+. This build includes working Torch and keys light up again! :good:
    Hey guys,

I decided now to release an v2 of the 7.9 Official, cause the first 7.9 official caused to many trouble with Bluetooth and random reboots.

All this should be fixed now, but if you run into any trouble, especially trouble with Bluetooth and random reboots let me know on G+ or in here for all other bugs please use our Jira page

This official has latest patches & features included e.g.:
    The new Notepad
    Add option to put QS ribbon to bottom

Download link is in OP
    @ all

For those who have problems, a new testbuild arrives in 90mins, you can grab it on my homepage !

I especially need informations if people still have random reboots and problems with bluetooth, i will also create an new post in the Test Build section on the Dirty Unicorns G+ Page where you can report if it works and if people still have random reboots. So wait till the post pops up in there and grab the download from my page.

IMPORTANT !!!
    I don't want to see any reports regarding my testbuilds in here don't matter which problems you have, in that case you can got to http://jira.dirtyunicorns.com and post your bugs over there, this is also recommend for the official version here, look if the bug is already present, than follow it's progress, if not feel free to report it there.

Jira is also for requesting new features, this is the last time i will say that in here. All feature requests made in here will be ignored, because those people that do feature requests in here also ignore my 2nd post, that's why those requests will be ignored by me.

EDIT:
    Test build is online: https://plus.google.com/101255330321122098118/posts/MucYXrCsD1t

I have flashed this ROM and have some issues with it.
    Maybe some of them are well known and someone knows a fix for it.

I would like to use this ROM but whith this issues it isn't really useable.

1.) Phone connects via bluetooth to my car but when i try to access anything on the phone bluetooth does disconnect and after that i can't enable it anymore.
    2.) Nova crashes when you try to move a widget behind icons, on TW ROM this works without problems
    3.) Charging the battery is extremely slow, need a few hours till its full
    4.) In 12 hours standby I lost 22 percent battery with 68% standby and 14% mobile standby (sorry, don't know how it's called in english)

I did full reset and flashed the ROM as it is.
    V7.9 official
    NG8

1. It's a know problem
    2. This is not a rom problem !
    3. If you flash a rom it needs 2-3 cycles to get normal, i don't have problems with that and noone else reported
    4. I have an great deepsleep, check with BetterBatteryStats "Partial Wakelocks" what is goin on over there