No registration required

USB Host / OTG

OP Tomo123

9th December 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennymcc

Does that mean, you have not tried so far if OTG works for you? At least with my firmware (G800FXXU1ANJ2) it did not work - but it is possible (but unlikely) that official firmwares exist that already support OTG. Maybe you can test if OTG works and post your firmware version here.

OTG not working with firmware (G800FXXU1ANJ2) exactly same as yours.

Quote:

My smartphone is rooted but it should also work without root. You have to flash a new kernel (contained in a boot.img file) with Odin. Although this does not root your device it will probably trigger the KNOX counter and void your warranty. As only the kernel is replaced, the Android system and your data will survive - so you don't have to start again. But I would recommend to safe your data before, just in case flashing the kernel fails.

Why should we suffer an inferior phone when the OTG is there and just needs switching on! So Id have to find a Kernel with the OTG enabled? Or do you have one?

Thanks so much for your help
9th December 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 28

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoRepair

Why should we suffer an inferior phone when the OTG is there and just needs switching on! So Id have to find a Kernel with the OTG enabled? Or do you have one?

I already built a kernel with OTG support for the G800F. I will post the link and some notes as soon as I can open a new thread.
9th December 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #13  

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jok3r

If you remove all the necessary files from the firmware G800h and act as a tester?
The processor also depends also support OTG? (Qualcomm - Exynos)

If you already rooted your G800H you could check which USB switch is built-into your device. Connect to your device via ssh or adb shell as root. Then connect an OTG cable (with a keyboard, mouse, ... plugged in) with your G800H. On the shell execute "dmesg" and search for lines with "OTG", "OTG DETECTED", "muic-sm5502", "muic" or "5502". If you have lines with "muic-sm5502" then at least you have the same USB-switch built-in. You can also put (parts of) the dmesg output in some pastebin and post the link here. Then I can have a quick look at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hennymcc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:

I already built a kernel with OTG support for the G800F. I will post the link and some notes as soon as I can open a new thread.

Awesome thanks! :0)
10th December 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #15  

28 posts
An instruction how to flash the OTG kernel image is here:
[KERNEL][G800F][exynos][G800FXXU1ANG1] USB-OTG enabled kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to hennymcc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 5

20 posts
Quote:

If you already rooted your G800H you could check which USB switch is built-into your device. Connect to your device via ssh or adb shell as root. Then connect an OTG cable (with a keyboard, mouse, ... plugged in) with your G800H. On the shell execute "dmesg" and search for lines with "OTG", "OTG DETECTED", "muic-sm5502", "muic" or "5502". If you have lines with "muic-sm5502" then at least you have the same USB-switch built-in. You can also put (parts of) the dmesg output in some pastebin and post the link here. Then I can have a quick look at it.

please see
There are references to the OTG
And here is the link to the OpenSource for g800h
http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...Value=SM-G800H
Attached Files
File Type: rar Desktop.rar - [Click for QR Code] (387.7 KB, 20 views)
Last edited by da_jok3r; 18th December 2014 at 04:21 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
otg, s5 mini, usb
Previous Thread Next Thread