[RECOVERY][G800F][exynos] [BETA-1] TWRP 2.8

Search This thread

RGold55

Aug 23, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Please try the latest one... The graphics should be fixed..[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

I flashed this third recovery image twice -- with and without removing battery after successful reboot. In both cases the "out of horizontal sync" pattern continues showing. Please let me know if another idea shows up. We gotta celebrate when this baby of yours finally comes to life!

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I flashed this third recovery image twice -- with and without removing battery after successful reboot. In both cases the "out of horizontal sync" pattern continues showing. Please let me know if another idea shows up. We gotta celebrate when this baby of yours finally comes to life!
bro try the latest one ...hope its fixed now :)

Reactions: RGold55

RGold55

Aug 23, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
MAN, YOU ROCK! I got so excited that I didn't even stress-test the functionalities!

Sorry, by I couldn't find here a button to "A thousand thanks for your effort!"

As I cannot buy you an S5 Mini for you to use in your kitchen, please count on me for future testings, ok?

Happy regards from Rio!

RVR

Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
MAN, YOU ROCK! I got so excited that I didn't even stress-test the functionalities!

As I cannot buy you an S5 Mini for you to use in your kitchen, please count on me for future testings, ok?

Happy regards from Rio!

sure ..no problem bro
Please test wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and backup

Reactions: vdcordu and User_99

RGold55

Aug 23, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Sure, starting right now. I'll keep you posted as for any findings, first one being:
Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: there is a duplicated entry for the "Data" partition.
BTW, may I ask where (file, section) you got the sync fixed? (I'm a dev myself, albeit an old school one: Cobol, Algol, C, CICS, DB2 etc)

Last edited:

RVR

Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Sure, starting right now. I'll keep you posted as for any findings, first one being:
Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: there is a duplicated entry for the "Data" partition.
BTW, may I ask where (file, section) you got the sync fixed? (I'm a dev myself, albeit an old school one: Cobol, Algol, C, CICS, DB2 etc)
well just a line in the board config ..
target uses linelength graphics

RGold55

Aug 23, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Thanks for that.

When setting time to Brazil zone (UTC-3), i get a -7 bias: 8:50 instead of 15:50.

As for the double "Data" option I mentioned, I'm not quite confident about using any of the options available, as a mishap may come from some option misplace, meaning "will formatting Dalvik cache format System partition instead?"

Last edited:

RVR

Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Thanks for that.

When setting time to Brazil zone (UTC-3), i get a -7 bias: 8:50am instead of 15:50pm.

As for the double "Data" option I mentioned, I'm not quite confident about using any of the options available, as a mishap may come from some option misplace, meaning "will formatting Dalvik cache format System partition instead?"
one is the data partition .. the other is the internal sd card
i will fix that

RVR

Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

RGold55

Aug 23, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
No, as a matter of fact, it seems your whole country is affected.
Text in red is Portuguese for "At the moment India PayPal accounts can only send payments. This user is not qualified to receive payments."

Attachments

• Paypal.JPG
    Paypal.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 225

RVR

Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
No, as a matter of fact, it seems your whole country is affected.
Text in red is Portuguese for "At the moment India PayPal accounts can only send payments. This user is not qualified to receive payments."

nevermind .. its not going to stop me from development ;) .. as i do it as a passion
your efforts are appreciated :)

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
Thank for your great work.
Just a request... if you build a new release, we can update last one over older Recovery flashed ?

Thank
Hispa

RVR

Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Thank for your great work.
Just a request... if you build a new release, we can update last one over older Recovery flashed ?

Thank
Hispa
yes .. with the next update i will provide a flashable zip too ... so you dont need odin to flash if you are on twrp

Im planning to make this official soon .. so you can access it through the twrp manager from play store :)

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
yes .. with the next update i will provide a flashable zip too ... so you dont need odin to flash if you are on twrp

Im planning to make this official soon .. so you can access it through the twrp manager from play store :)

Could you explain to me the variants of s5 mini? I am confused are F and H the only models exynos and qcom. I am working on a unified kernel for galaxy light and s5 mini for the F model. We already have cm near booting. Also if your looking to build kernel from source

https://github.com/TeamRegular/andr...mmit/b421cd3d73260ef5ecaecb88fcfa2a1761f74165

https://github.com/TeamRegular/andr...mmit/97e3080d6c4c8015b676321d729b4030b1c1316f

That should help but there is another error with tuner compilation fix is to build modules inside kernel
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/6a81a2a655b0b7557495cd40da405caef5386ba9

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    THIS RECOVERY WILL TRIP YOUR KNOX COUNTER ..AND UR WARRANTY WILL BE VOID
    THIS RECOVERY IS ONLY FOR THE S5 MINI(G800F) [EXYNOS]

PLEASE BE CAREFUL ... THIS RECOVERY HASNT BEEN TESTED "FULLY"...ONLY WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE , INSTALL ZIP IS TESTED

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE FIRMWARE BEFORE PROCEEDING..HAPPY FLASHING!

IF YOU ARE ON A PREVIOUS BUILD ..YOU CAN SIMPLY FLASH THE .ZIP FILE THROUGH RECOVERY TO UPDATE :)

Why twrp ? Why not a pre-rooted firmware which will not void warranty?

Ans : TWRP has many more functionality than stock recovery ! Rooting means to playing around with your device.If some thing goes wrong it you have to flash the whole firmware again instead,backup your ROM through CWM and if something goes wrong restore your backup AS SIMPLE AS THAT !

All you have to do is follow my instructions :

STEP 1 :
    -Download and setup ADB drivers for your device
    can be found here Drivers !

STEP 2 :
    -Download the recovery from ---> Link
    -Download odin 3 Link
    -Turn of your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Note Neo logo
    -Press vol up to confirm

STEP 3 :
    -Now that you are in odin mode connect your device via usb cable !
    -Now open Odin3 3.09 that you have downloaded.
    -If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it is usually updates !!!!

-Make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so dont worry about it,just verify COM is lit up)
    -Select the recovery (Link in STEP 2) ! Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it

MAKE SURE U UNTICK THE AUTO-REBOOT BUTTON

-Click Start :)

ONCE IT SAYS PASS ...REMOVE THE BATTERY ...THEN RE-INSERT THE BATTERY AND BOOT INTO RECOVERY USING VOL UP + HOME + POWER BUTTON

HOW TO ROOT THE DEVICE :

-Download SuperSu (obviously the latest one) from here ------> Click here !
    -Copy that to internal sd card
    -Power off your device and press vol up + power + home button (all at once)
    -Select install zip from sdcard --->choose zip from sdcard ---> scroll down and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip

Done ! And you are ready to go

BUGS

YOU TELL ME [/SIZE]

NOTE : IF ANY OPTION DOESNT WORK FOR U ... TURN OFF UR PHONE AND THEN BOOT INTO RECOVERY

SOURCES
    DEVICE TREE
    KERNEL(PREBUILT ... THANX TO SAMSUNG ... AVAILABLE IN THE DEVICE TREE)

CREDITS
    TWRP TEAM :D
    @paffo for testing :D
    Could you explain to me the variants of s5 mini? I am confused are F and H the only models exynos and qcom. I am working on a unified kernel for galaxy light and s5 mini for the F model. We already have cm near booting. Also if your looking to build kernel from source

https://github.com/TeamRegular/andr...mmit/b421cd3d73260ef5ecaecb88fcfa2a1761f74165

https://github.com/TeamRegular/andr...mmit/97e3080d6c4c8015b676321d729b4030b1c1316f

That should help but there is another error with tuner compilation fix is to build modules inside kernel
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/6a81a2a655b0b7557495cd40da405caef5386ba9
    i dont own the device .. but the variants i know of are these 2
    the G800H is qcom msm8228
    G800F is exynos universal 3470

EDIT: NEW BUILD IS UP
    CHANGELOG
    BUMP TO 2.8.1.0
    FLASHABLE ZIP WILL BE UP TOMORROW .. ODIN FLASHABLE ZIP AVAILABLE IN THE SAME DOWNLOAD LINK :)
    When will the bug with Cache / Dalvik wipe fixed ? :eek:

Looking forward to a new Version. :good: :highfive:
    This weekend
    CHANGELOG

Code:
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red][U][I][B]CHANGELOG[/B][/I][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [B][I][U][COLOR="Red"]BETA ( BUILD3)[/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
    FIXED WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"]BUILD 2[/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
    BUMP TO 2.8.1.0 ( CHANGELOG http://teamw.in/project/twrp2)

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Red][U][I][B]BUILD 1[/B][/I][/U]
    [COLOR=Black]INITIAL BUILD[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Happy regards from Rio!

sure ..no problem bro
    Please test wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and backup