FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Battery Reviews

15th April 2015, 06:39 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I just was seeing what kind of interest there is to having some battery reviews/tests conducted by me, I did a whole bunch for the Samsung Epic 4G years back and some for my recently traded Stratosphere II (RIP last of the great keyboard phones....), I'm looking for the best battery life possible and coming from a fat battery on my Epic and Stratosphere II the S5 is clearly lacking in the battery life department.

I was wondering if anyone wanted me to do tests on their batteries new or old (the newer the better though, for fairness and the best possible comparison). I'll eventually have up my S5's battery, aged as old as my S5 is (unknown really since I bought it off Swappa but we could see how much the cell has degraded and how much capacity has been retained)

Feel free to check out my review page from the Epic in my signature to get a gist of how I usually conduct em!

15th April 2015, 07:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi can you please test with the KT kernel with fast charge enabled and let us how much time it is taking to fully charge s5

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app
16th April 2015, 02:38 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep20064096

Hi can you please test with the KT kernel with fast charge enabled and let us how much time it is taking to fully charge s5

How would you like me to measure the time and from what minimum battery percentage?

Usually I test the batteries externally with my usb battery tester, just as a literal indicator of the discrete capacity of the battery, since there are too many kernel, rom, and setting configurations to accurately judge the best battery life/charging scenario on the phone. The battery capacity itself is not a variable so if it increases then the battery life (and charging duration) will increase by whatever percentage of extra capacity that battery gains over that one it's replacing.
Last edited by iviyth0s; 16th April 2015 at 02:41 AM.
16th April 2015, 04:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi try to measure the time from 0 to 100 %

18th April 2015, 06:00 AM |#5  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Question
any one have more of 4 hour of screen usage ??? on lollipop ???
19th April 2015, 02:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Other day: 6h20min SOT, battery 1day9hours 10% left, wifi/data/location on. 20min talk. But this was record.
Usually it is 4h30 - 5+h SOT
BOC7
20th April 2015, 11:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I usually get between 4-5 hours of screen on time at work because of not the greatest reception, but on weekends when I'm mainly home with a strong Wi-Fi signal, I've been getting about 6 hours of SOT on lollipop. Battery life is better on lollipop than 4.4.4 for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread