Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Best tempered glass screen protector

OP Reechings

16th July 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 168

816 posts
Hi all,

Well I have just had the screen of my phone saved by a tempered glass screen protector I bought off eBay for $10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405496289594.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	2854308

Now as you can see from the picture I am in the market for a new one. I can buy another one from eBay but was wondering if it is worth investing in a more expensive one such as the Amzer Kristal for $30. The problems I had with my now broken protector was that it was pretty heavy (around 10 grams or so) and it made my fingerprint scanner not work.

I appreciate any suggestions and experiences you can share. Cheers

Tapped It!
16th July 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

65 posts
Get the $2 ones. I just got one shipped from China for 2 bucks total. Its awesome. I didn't expect much, but it is really smooth, thin, and was easy to install. I haven't had any problems with the finger print scanner. It might even work better, but I'm sure the mileage will carry with user. I never use the fingerprint scanner. I'm not sure of the weight, but now that you mention it my phone does feel a bit heavy.

I haven't used one of the name brand ones though. I'd be curious to hear from someone who's used both.
Last edited by elgiraffe; 16th July 2014 at 02:32 PM.
16th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I bought one from the Verizon store when i purchased my phone and I am very satisfied with it. Much better than normal screen protectors.
16th July 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 8

114 posts
More
Good save. I'd go for the cheap ones on ebay. I got mine from there, nice and thin, feels like the screen, can't complain.
17th July 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 168

816 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgiraffe

Get the $2 ones. I just got one shipped from China for 2 bucks total. Its awesome. I didn't expect much, but it is really smooth, thin, and was easy to install. I haven't had any problems with the finger print scanner. It might even work better, but I'm sure the mileage will carry with user. I never use the fingerprint scanner. I'm not sure of the weight, but now that you mention it my phone does feel a bit heavy.

I haven't used one of the name brand ones though. I'd be curious to hear from someone who's used both.

Weird it sounds like even the cheap ones should work with the finger scanner but mine didn't. Did yours come with the little nub to put on the home key too? I think I might have to spend a little bit more just to try to get a lighter one. Using the phone now without it I realize just how much heavier it felt with it. If anyone can chime in with what they're using I appreciate it.

Tapped It!
17th July 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

94 posts
I like Zagg Glass. It comes with lifetime warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to chungdae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 44

131 posts
Glass Screen Protector
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Best ever!!!!

Edit: I woud clean very nicely...like veryyyy good with stuff it comes with nothing else, and use a suction cup to line it up and drop it! It self adheres, looks dope while doing so, best expierence I have ever had with putting one of these protectors, glass or plastic!
Last edited by Iceburn1; 17th July 2014 at 02:50 AM.
18th July 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Best ever!!!!

Edit: I woud clean very nicely...like veryyyy good with stuff it comes with nothing else, and use a suction cup to line it up and drop it! It self adheres, looks dope while doing so, best expierence I have ever had with putting one of these protectors, glass or plastic!

I know it's not the glass one, but I have an amfilm screen protector. It's a really great value for what it is, and it last for a really long time. I know people like the glass because of the really good feel, but this has it too. I think that it's a terrific better option to the glass.
19th July 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 44

131 posts
Non-Glass Protector
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobclause

I know it's not the glass one, but I have an amfilm screen protector. It's a really great value for what it is, and it last for a really long time. I know people like the glass because of the really good feel, but this has it too. I think that it's a terrific better option to the glass.

Now you you wanna talk plastic these are the best....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=UTF8&psc=1and if you post review on amazon they send you another package free!
20th July 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
i'm using spigen privacy tempered glass, suits well and no fuss with the fingerprint scanner

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread