Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best tempered glass screen protector

Tip us?
 
Reechings
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 601
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Best tempered glass screen protector

Hi all,

Well I have just had the screen of my phone saved by a tempered glass screen protector I bought off eBay for $10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405496289594.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	2854308

Now as you can see from the picture I am in the market for a new one. I can buy another one from eBay but was wondering if it is worth investing in a more expensive one such as the Amzer Kristal for $30. The problems I had with my now broken protector was that it was pretty heavy (around 10 grams or so) and it made my fingerprint scanner not work.

I appreciate any suggestions and experiences you can share. Cheers

Tapped It!
 
elgiraffe
Old
(Last edited by elgiraffe; 16th July 2014 at 01:32 PM.)
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 57
Join Date: Dec 2011
Get the $2 ones. I just got one shipped from China for 2 bucks total. Its awesome. I didn't expect much, but it is really smooth, thin, and was easy to install. I haven't had any problems with the finger print scanner. It might even work better, but I'm sure the mileage will carry with user. I never use the fingerprint scanner. I'm not sure of the weight, but now that you mention it my phone does feel a bit heavy.

I haven't used one of the name brand ones though. I'd be curious to hear from someone who's used both.
 
wise7326
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2012
I bought one from the Verizon store when i purchased my phone and I am very satisfied with it. Much better than normal screen protectors.
 
pr1vate piles
Old
#4  
pr1vate piles's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 114
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sheffield
Good save. I'd go for the cheap ones on ebay. I got mine from there, nice and thin, feels like the screen, can't complain.
Motorola Xoom WiFi - Retired with honours

Samsung Galaxy S III
Jellybean 4.3 - Retired July 2014

Samsung Galaxy S 5
100% stock.
 
Reechings
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 601
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgiraffe View Post
Get the $2 ones. I just got one shipped from China for 2 bucks total. Its awesome. I didn't expect much, but it is really smooth, thin, and was easy to install. I haven't had any problems with the finger print scanner. It might even work better, but I'm sure the mileage will carry with user. I never use the fingerprint scanner. I'm not sure of the weight, but now that you mention it my phone does feel a bit heavy.

I haven't used one of the name brand ones though. I'd be curious to hear from someone who's used both.
Weird it sounds like even the cheap ones should work with the finger scanner but mine didn't. Did yours come with the little nub to put on the home key too? I think I might have to spend a little bit more just to try to get a lighter one. Using the phone now without it I realize just how much heavier it felt with it. If anyone can chime in with what they're using I appreciate it.

Tapped It!
 
chungdae
Old
#6  
chungdae's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 94
Join Date: Jun 2014
I like Zagg Glass. It comes with lifetime warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to chungdae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Iceburn1
Old
(Last edited by Iceburn1; 17th July 2014 at 01:50 AM.)
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default Glass Screen Protector

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Best ever!!!!

Edit: I woud clean very nicely...like veryyyy good with stuff it comes with nothing else, and use a suction cup to line it up and drop it! It self adheres, looks dope while doing so, best expierence I have ever had with putting one of these protectors, glass or plastic!
 
jacobclause
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 33
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn1 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Best ever!!!!

Edit: I woud clean very nicely...like veryyyy good with stuff it comes with nothing else, and use a suction cup to line it up and drop it! It self adheres, looks dope while doing so, best expierence I have ever had with putting one of these protectors, glass or plastic!
I know it's not the glass one, but I have an amfilm screen protector. It's a really great value for what it is, and it last for a really long time. I know people like the glass because of the really good feel, but this has it too. I think that it's a terrific better option to the glass.
 
Iceburn1
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default Non-Glass Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobclause View Post
I know it's not the glass one, but I have an amfilm screen protector. It's a really great value for what it is, and it last for a really long time. I know people like the glass because of the really good feel, but this has it too. I think that it's a terrific better option to the glass.
Now you you wanna talk plastic these are the best....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=UTF8&psc=1and if you post review on amazon they send you another package free!
 
israelien
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2008
i'm using spigen privacy tempered glass, suits well and no fuss with the fingerprint scanner

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes