FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

Desktop charger/cradle

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By faisalmukhtarch, Junior Member on 11th July 2014, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have been looking for a Desktop charger or cradle of S5, for long time, there are some in market but not good quality.
Can anyone please recommend me any.
Thanks
 
 
11th July 2014, 07:15 PM |#2  
davesbest's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 593
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalmukhtarch

I have been looking for a Desktop charger or cradle of S5, for long time, there are some in market but not good quality.
Can anyone please recommend me any.
Thanks

I recommend this one: http://www.mobilefun.com/45904-samsu...ing-cradle.htm
16th July 2014, 03:22 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesbest

I recommend this one: http://www.mobilefun.com/45904-samsu...ing-cradle.htm

If you have wireless charging, I can highly recommend the Nokia DT-910.

Furthermore, ATT.com is closing 'em out:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/acc...id=X3oNkaehCXw

Only $10 online if you can find a local retailer that has 'em in stock. I got mine about a week ago and love it. There's even an NFC tag in the base, though it's kinda hard to get it to trigger with many of the third party wireless charging cards.
16th July 2014, 04:35 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Charger Stand
I wouldnt get a stand with charger in base, i already had bought one, and the floppy cover for usb doesnt extend all the way out. So basically u would have pop the port cover off everytime, or leave it off, buttttt run the risk of water gettin inside. Wireless charging is the way to go.
25th July 2014, 06:37 AM |#5  
6666's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRamage

If you have wireless charging, I can highly recommend the Nokia DT-910.

Furthermore, ATT.com is closing 'em out:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/acc...id=X3oNkaehCXw

Only $10 online if you can find a local retailer that has 'em in stock. I got mine about a week ago and love it. There's even an NFC tag in the base, though it's kinda hard to get it to trigger with many of the third party wireless charging cards.

I just ordered 2 of these on amazon and the coils dont line up so it wont charge my s5. Using the stock qi samsung back.
27th July 2014, 10:42 AM |#6  
moneytoo's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 725
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn1

I wouldnt get a stand with charger in base, i already had bought one, and the floppy cover for usb doesnt extend all the way out. So basically u would have pop the port cover off everytime, or leave it off, buttttt run the risk of water gettin inside. Wireless charging is the way to go.

Yeah, I would like a stand but this is what I worry about. I see some stands have little extra space for the usb cover but that would require turning the floppy cover 180 degrees while I can safely turn it only 90 degrees. Sure, I can bend it more but I'm afraid (as I often use it in/near water and paid small fortune for the phone ).
Maybe I could buy something like this http://www.dx.com/p/2-in-1-charging-...5-black-317337 and "dremel" a hole next to usb port to keep the cover 90 degree.

EDIT: I guess I will end up with something like that http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unive...854869990.html as I already have similar stand for tablet.
Last edited by moneytoo; 27th July 2014 at 11:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to moneytoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 02:24 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
i agree with the cover, it needs to point down, not 180 degrees. if down cases would also work when there is no chance to do 180 with the flap in a case.
11th August 2014, 06:17 PM |#8  
moneytoo's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 725
 
Donate to Me
More
Stand mentioned in my previous post. I think I'm getting another one to work.






The Following User Says Thank You to moneytoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes