Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extra Charging Cables

Tip us?

vulcanvillalta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Thumbs up Extra Charging Cables

Hello, everyone. I just bought a new cable for my S 5 for extra charging- for a car charger in my car, and for a cable in my computer at work. While I know these are ubiquitous, I think this brand is high quality for the price. Here's a link, check em out. They charge my phone very quickly and efficiently, which is terrific for me, since I am on my phone CONSTANTLY all day for work.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.

androidofduty
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ordered mine, ty

larrygornick
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Why this cable? Anything special?

zerodameaon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygornick View Post
Why this cable? Anything special?
Its flat and says compatible with Galaxy S5, that's about it. I use the spare Western Digital cable that came with my hard drive in the car, there is nothing special about one quality USB3.0 over another.

jb_alphamale
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Yes there is. The OEM cable that comes with the phone goes in the port perfect, not loose and not tight. It is not too thick and not too thin.
The knockoffs I bought from China for $2 each go very tight and I have to push. They are too thick and I don't have the option to switch to USB 3.0 on my phone but they do have a blue USB 3 plug. So, not all the cables are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Its flat and says compatible with Galaxy S5, that's about it. I use the spare Western Digital cable that came with my hard drive in the car, there is nothing special about one quality USB3.0 over another.

zerodameaon
Old
(Last edited by zerodameaon; 28th July 2014 at 07:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_alphamale View Post
Yes there is. The OEM cable that comes with the phone goes in the port perfect, not loose and not tight. It is not too thick and not too thin.
The knockoffs I bought from China for $2 each go very tight and I have to push. They are too thick and I don't have the option to switch to USB 3.0 on my phone but they do have a blue USB 3 plug. So, not all the cables are the same.
Knockoffs from china are not quality though, I did not say anything about all cables.

vulcanvillalta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Knockoffs from china are not quality though, I did not say anything about all cables.
Yeah, the cheap China ones....well, you get what you pay for. But i posted these because of how affordable they are, and how high quality they are. (To answer everyone's questions)

zerodameaon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
Yeah, the cheap China ones....well, you get what you pay for. But i posted these because of how affordable they are, and how high quality they are. (To answer everyone's questions)
Sorry didn't mean to seem like an attack, just answering the question he had.

vulcanvillalta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Sorry didn't mean to seem like an attack, just answering the question he had.
No, I was just clarifying. Haha, I don't perceive anything as an attack unless it is explicit. Haha.

ChinDaChin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Have you found any OEM quality cable + charger(piece that cable plugs into for wall socket)?

I may end up buying this cable.

Tags
cables, charging, galaxy s5, s5 charger, s5 usb cables