True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more
Post Reply

Finally! A decent case that works with the OEM wireless charging back!

OP cliffclaven

24th October 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
My turn to give back since I have read A LOT about this subject on here. I might even do a review if I have the time!

I bought the Incipio Dual Pro Shine case, for my Galaxy S5 with the WIRELESS CHARGING BACK. As we all know by now it is next to impossible to find a case that fits this phone with the Wireless charging. I contacted all of the major case manufacturers and they don't know anything about their products. I went to the AT&T store(after going to VZN, Sprint, Tmobile and many other stores in the mall, I hate AT&T!) and went through ALL of their cases and nothing, not pelican, otter, lifeproof, spigen, belkin etc etc and came upon this case. I had never heard of this brand since I loved the otterbox commuter cases. It was love at first sight. It is identical to the Otterbox commuter case except that it fits!

I have the Diztronic on it's way which I will be returning since it isn't of the best quality.

Since I will never buy another product from AT&T again after they throttled my account after being the highest priced provider and me being a loyal customer for over 10 years and having an unlimited data plan, I went home and checked online for it. Best buy had it for $17 (AT&T had it $40) so I ordered it to the nearest store, no in-store. I went yesterday to the store to pick it up and it fits perfectly and charges ofcourse! It is a dual case, rubber on the inside and hard shell on the outside. I haven't dropped it yet but it feels safe enough for me.

cant upload pics directly, sorry

Please fell free to ask any questions.
Last edited by cliffclaven; 2nd November 2014 at 10:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cliffclaven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Interesting...I hadn't tried it myself but I asked a couple of stores and they said that this case would not work. I'm happy to hear that it does because this was my favorite case for my S3.

Do you have the Qi or the Powermat charging back? I know most people go Qi but I got Powermat since Starbucks will be supporting that soon
28th October 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #3  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 862
 
4,802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie

Interesting...I hadn't tried it myself but I asked a couple of stores and they said that this case would not work. I'm happy to hear that it does because this was my favorite case for my S3.

Do you have the Qi or the Powermat charging back? I know most people go Qi but I got Powermat since Starbucks will be supporting that soon

The oem cover for the S5 from a US carrier has the powermat version, forgot which carrier it is, it also support QI, it's a dual format.
28th October 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

The oem cover for the S5 from a US carrier has the powermat version, forgot which carrier it is, it also support QI, it's a dual format.

I think the official/main one is Qi only. See here: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/ce...EP-CG900IBUSTA

The one AT&T sells is Powermat. Unless they really do support both formats and only advertise one.
28th October 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #5  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 862
 
4,802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie

I think the official/main one is Qi only. See here: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/ce...EP-CG900IBUSTA

The one AT&T sells is Powermat. Unless they really do support both formats and only advertise one.

Both are official, the At&T version is made for the carrier, with both qi and powermat, if you have one, look inside of the cover and look at the details.
28th October 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Both are official, the At&T version is made for the carrier, with both qi and powermat, if you have one, look inside of the cover and look at the details.

Awesome! Will check when I get home
29th October 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Both are official, the At&T version is made for the carrier, with both qi and powermat, if you have one, look inside of the cover and look at the details.

How do I know which one I have? What am I supposed to be looking for?

White T-Mobile Galaxy S5
29th October 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie

Do you have the Qi or the Powermat charging back? I know most people go Qi but I got Powermat since Starbucks will be supporting that soon

I have the OEM samsung Qi mini charger.
Coincidently today I had to exchange it for a new one since every morning I would wake up and have the orange light blinking even though it would be fully charged. I read here or on ac that someone had the same problem.

White T-Mobile Galaxy S5
29th October 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #9  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 862
 
4,802 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffclaven

How do I know which one I have? What am I supposed to be looking for?

White T-Mobile Galaxy S5

look at the information provided by the manufacture.
29th October 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #10  
MaLiXs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal QC
Thanks Meter: 264
 
957 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Wow.. I was about to leave my wireless charger to use a good case... And I find your thread... Just in time! I've take a look on this case, thanks for the clue!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes