Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flip or S-View cover for the S5 ala S4 ?

OP DannyBiker

30th August 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisaelee21

The old design for the s4 has horrible!! It the same back piece with a flap on it and provided no protection at all. I literally dropped it once and shattered my screen. The new on is way better.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

It was not designed for drop protection.... It was a very slim and sleek (very non bulk adding) way of protecting your screen from scratches. My whole reason for not liking the S5's cover is because of snagging those corners on my pocket pulling my phone in and out of my pocket.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto

i actually think the squared design of the S5 s-view case is an upgrade to the S4's. say if you drop the phone on the corners, the squared part will take impact first and save your phone more or less. i've had the S-view case for the S4 for some time, but switches between some tpu cases and the s-view. to each their own though, i feel the S5 s-view case is better in all perspectives compared to the last generation, the only gripe is that it's heavier and thicker.

My response to Naisaelee21 also applies to you. And yes it is a little thicker didn't bother me as much tho
3rd September 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #12  
Flag Сочи
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
More
---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

post2
3rd September 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #13  
Flag Сочи
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
More
post3

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

post4

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

post5

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

post6
3rd September 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #14  
Flag Saint Louis missouri
Thanks Meter: 155

581 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBiker

I'm browsing the web in search of a S5 cover for my wife and I'm shocked to see how poor the choice actually is.

I'm searching for a Flip Cover (with or without the S-View function) in the style of the S4 which was fantastic as it was really slim, something that matters for her.

The official S5 covers look like crap : expensive, bulky, doesn't even close properly and you can't turn the flip part around the phone. It's like they were trying to make a book..

Even the generally good Spiegen/Ringke catalog is poor when it comes to flip covers (too bulky or they are wallet versions, which she's not into).

Any advice ?

I have the galaxy s-view case and it is not bulky to me at all . The fact that you take off the battery cover before attaching it to the s-view case keeps it really slim. I added the spigen magnet to it so the flip cover stays shut just in case i drop it . Normally i dont use any case with my phones cause it makes them either look like crap or just makes it too bulky . I dont know if its the s5 s-view you were talking about when you cant turn the flip part around the phone but thats not the case with the s-view . I got mine and its OEM on amazon for 8.99 used but it was perfect in condition . I would at least try to put the s-view on your phone in the store and see if you like it .

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutRU

I have s-view ant it fells awesome, no problems! In my opinion you should get s-view, or just place screen protector! s-view feel great in hands and it easy flips to the back of phone. Its not even bulky! Phone looks more amazing in it.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

But i should say one thing: s-view screen gets dirty too easy!

I agree the s-view is amazing . It keeps the phone slim and protects it great at the same time + it looks good too . I like that you can take pictures without opening it . I had someone take a picture of me with my GS4 and they dropped my phone and broke it . I dont have to worry about it with this
3rd September 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 66

394 posts
More
My issue with the S-View case is the elasticity of the cover. When you've had the case open for a while it doesn't fully close for some time; it does eventually but you end up having to put the phone face down or manually turn the screen off.

I do like the ability to view texts with the cover closed though but certainly will look into getting some magnet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread