Genuine Samsung S5 Extended Battery 3500 mAh and Cover

Search This thread

pokosik

Dec 1, 2009
It is original samsung kit. Bought it 10 minutes ago:). Will see if it add me more on screen time. will report later

Last edited:
Reactions: 1454

m7svk

Aug 27, 2009
Thanks for let me know, when arrive could you compare size how much bigger is to standard battery, and take some photos with and without cover on, to see real world examples as I spend few days searching on goggle an no luck about more information...

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
Thanks for let me know, when arrive could you compare size how much bigger is to standard battery, and take some photos with and without cover on, to see real world examples as I spend few days searching on goggle an no luck about more information...

Same here. I'm ready to pull the trigger on the s5 if I can find this in the US.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

pokosik

Dec 1, 2009

Will try to take some photos. I already have it, bought it from our local shop :). Phone is heavier and a bit thicker. I could take some separately photos of back cover and battery. Don't have any camera to take photos then battery is in the phone.

m7svk

Aug 27, 2009
It doesn't say on the webpage, but does anybody know if that back cover still gives water and dust resistance?
I also can't seem to find this Genuine Battery kit on any other website, is this absolutely confirmed to be genuine?
I actually feel very suspicious about it because I can't seem to find Samsung making an announcement about this accessory either.
They made announcements about previous new battery packs.

Just find this seller on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201132887569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
and it saying: Waterproof feature retained, and is genuine Samsung product: EB-EG900BBEGWW, looks very promising. ;)

pokosik

Dec 1, 2009
It doesn't say on the webpage, but does anybody know if that back cover still gives water and dust resistance?
I also can't seem to find this Genuine Battery kit on any other website, is this absolutely confirmed to be genuine?
I actually feel very suspicious about it because I can't seem to find Samsung making an announcement about this accessory either.

Its genuine battery kit. Yes back cover still gives water and dust resistance + its harder than the original cover that comes with phone.

P.S. today charged battery for the first time. Will see how long i could use it till next charge :). Sorry didn't have time to take some pictures. Will try to do it today in the evening.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

OK. Found my work iPhone and took some pictures. Here is how it's look on the phone and some back cover photos. It's easier to give link to my dropbox gallery. Here it is LINK

Last edited:

m7svk

Aug 27, 2009
Good morning, thanks for photos, looks exactly I was hoping for and not too bulky, I ordering mine from amazon.de as is only £24, in uk is £35 ;), and still will be send to me from amazon.uk as I done with few items before ;)

cAase

Mar 7, 2011
I don't know if it's my eyes messing with me, but it doesn't look that much thicker.

pokosik

Dec 1, 2009
It's not very thick. But if you look at photo there is camera, you will see that camera isn't popped up anymore as it is in original back cover. With this battery cover camera is hidden in cover. Don't know if anyone understood what i said :). Just compare camera area between original back cover with photo from my gallery.

Reactions: Shidasko

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
It's not very thick. But if you look at photo there is camera, you will see that camera isn't popped up anymore as it is in original back cover. With this battery cover camera is hidden in cover. Don't know if anyone understood what i said :). Just compare camera area between original back cover with photo from my gallery.

So around 3 to 5mm thicker? :S

m7svk

Aug 27, 2009
I am glad some people find this battery useful as for me is good compromise between standard and brick battery zero lemon or similar, I just hope I could find rugged case this phone with this battery fit in, as I really like tech21 impact case - but no chance will fit in, but for outdoor I am using NewTrent rugged case and I finding one of best case available: http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-Ultra-thin-Shockproof-Compatible/dp/B00KB9AWEE, and reviews from over 500 people saying same thing, only I hope I can somehow manage to accommodate S5 with small extended battery in to this case too ;)

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
YES! Was waiting for the OEM Extended Battery with all the features retained. As someone in the States, get the hell on bringing this over Samsung!

bloodrain954

Jun 24, 2010
FYI, just because it says Samsung doesn't mean its legit. Samsung doesn't have it listed, and if you call they have no idea about it.

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
FYI, just because it says Samsung doesn't mean its legit. Samsung doesn't have it listed, and if you call they have no idea about it.

I agree with you. However, it should still be close to the listed capacity since you can tell it is definitely larger than the OEM one. Now, that doesn't necessarily speak to its quality. But typically the fakes like to list capacities much higher than the actually produce.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

m7svk

Aug 27, 2009
I believe is genuine as is attached on Handtec website original OEM number from Samsung, customer service-support many times don't know about product manufacture offer, and could be is only for limited regions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its genuine battery kit. Yes back cover still gives water and dust resistance + its harder than the original cover that comes with phone.

P.S. today charged battery for the first time. Will see how long i could use it till next charge :). Sorry didn't have time to take some pictures. Will try to do it today in the evening.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

OK. Found my work iPhone and took some pictures. Here is how it's look on the phone and some back cover photos. It's easier to give link to my dropbox gallery. Here it is LINK
    Pics with diztronic case for recharging back on extended battery back. Shown with default back, qi back and extended battery back on the phone. The qi back and extended back seem to be the same size. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415554667.733057.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415554686.497174.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415554699.932284.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415554710.900990.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415554722.985479.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415554734.481357.jpg
    Hi guys,

My extended battery arrived today here are some pictures to atleast prove the battery is genuine, i defaced my brand new battery to prove to myself and everyone else that it is genuine despite the dodgy english on the box. one plus point i also came across if you have a spare normal battery or the original it still works in your phone with the new back, albeit slightly loose but doesn't disconnect.

Finally, I tried my way of implementing wireless receiver into extended cover with 3500 battery. It was A LOT of sanding and some soldering, since my priority was no bulkiness and to keep water resistant. I used some slim receiver from DX, reduced from unnecessary stuff - even the "cross wire" in the coil had to be replaced by flat wire. I never used NFC so battery was able to be slimmer too. After 12 hours of working, I reached my goal :) Absolute zero bulkiness and tested waterproof!
    Galaxy Charging Current showing 720 mAh. Cover Diztronic keeps the thin back cover in safe, I hope. Some pics:

Just find this seller on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201132887569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    and it saying: Waterproof feature retained, and is genuine Samsung product: EB-EG900BBEGWW, looks very promising. ;)