Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,235 Members 42,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flip or S-View cover for the S5 ala S4 ?

Tip us?

DannyBiker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 334
Default Flip or S-View cover for the S5 ala S4 ?

I'm browsing the web in search of a S5 cover for my wife and I'm shocked to see how poor the choice actually is.

I'm searching for a Flip Cover (with or without the S-View function) in the style of the S4 which was fantastic as it was really slim, something that matters for her.

The official S5 covers look like crap : expensive, bulky, doesn't even close properly and you can't turn the flip part around the phone. It's like they were trying to make a book..

Even the generally good Spiegen/Ringke catalog is poor when it comes to flip covers (too bulky or they are wallet versions, which she's not into).

Any advice ?

FlatOutRU
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have s-view ant it fells awesome, no problems! In my opinion you should get s-view, or just place screen protector! s-view feel great in hands and it easy flips to the back of phone. Its not even bulky! Phone looks more amazing in it.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

But i should say one thing: s-view screen gets dirty too easy!
Phone : Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-900F
ROM: CM11

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBiker View Post
I'm browsing the web in search of a S5 cover for my wife and I'm shocked to see how poor the choice actually is.

I'm searching for a Flip Cover (with or without the S-View function) in the style of the S4 which was fantastic as it was really slim, something that matters for her.

The official S5 covers look like crap : expensive, bulky, doesn't even close properly and you can't turn the flip part around the phone. It's like they were trying to make a book..

Even the generally good Spiegen/Ringke catalog is poor when it comes to flip covers (too bulky or they are wallet versions, which she's not into).

Any advice ?
Actually there is more than you think, you just need to know where to search for them, I do agree, the range is limited if you compare it to the note 3, not sure about the S4.

try searching samsung's home town.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

cknewdeal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the S view case also, and I really like it. No need to open it to do small things like open camera. I really like it.

Canute
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have one of the OE Samsung flip covers and really like it. I used to have problems with my phone's screen coming on in my pocket and this automatically keeps the display turned off.

oFillo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBiker View Post

Any advice ?
I don't think anyone knows how to read.

You can find some aftermarket ones on the web similar to the S4 but quality wise im not sure

I feel your pain it's one of the main reasons i have not upgraded from S4 to S5 i love how simple, skinny flap and ROUNDED the corners are on my S4 s view cover they Fu**ed up with the S5's case with being square edged and the stitching unnecessary. They need to make a S5 case exactly like the S4's (they can put the big window in) but use same materials f
ake leather isn't for everyone
The Following User Says Thank You to oFillo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tweexter
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I initially bought the S-view case for mine... Honestly I wasn't impressed. Very cheesy materials, and a lot of apps didn't know how to use the s-view functionality. Of course if you put a different ROM on the phone that isn't touchwiz based all that functionality goes out the window. I ended up ordering a Spigen SlimArmor case and never looked back.

android addicts
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Yes I agree with you. S5 fill covers are really disappointed and ugly.

MMakoto
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by oFillo View Post

You can find some aftermarket ones on the web similar to the S4 but quality wise im not sure

I feel your pain it's one of the main reasons i have not upgraded from S4 to S5 i love how simple, skinny flap and ROUNDED the corners are on my S4 s view cover they Fu**ed up with the S5's case with being square edged and the stitching unnecessary. They need to make a S5 case exactly like the S4's (they can put the big window in) but use same materials f
i actually think the squared design of the S5 s-view case is an upgrade to the S4's. say if you drop the phone on the corners, the squared part will take impact first and save your phone more or less. i've had the S-view case for the S4 for some time, but switches between some tpu cases and the s-view. to each their own though, i feel the S5 s-view case is better in all perspectives compared to the last generation, the only gripe is that it's heavier and thicker.

Naisaelee21
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oFillo View Post

The old design for the s4 has horrible!! It the same back piece with a flap on it and provided no protection at all. I literally dropped it once and shattered my screen. The new on is way better.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
CRapple iPhoney TREE-GS

N/A
ROM: N/A
RECOVERY:N/A
KERNEL:N/A
THEME:N/A
MODS:N/A