FORUMS

S5 car charger that actually charges?

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By martyp78, Junior Member on 25th July 2015, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,

I have a couple of micro usb car chargers and when I was using a Navigator app whilst driving somewhere my battery just died despite the charger being plugged in and showing as charging?
I bought another charger off ebay which is a usb car socket with a genuine Samsung micro usb cable. It shows as 1A output and I plugged my phone in to charge at 1% with google maps running, half an hour later it had only gone up to 2%?
What I did previously was plug the 3 pin mains charger into a 240V inverter plugged into the cigaretter lighter socket and that actually charged the phone. Any ideas why the car chargers won't charge it, does anyone know of a car charger that actually will charge the S5?

27th July 2015, 06:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyp78

Hi all,

I have a couple of micro usb car chargers and when I was using a Navigator app whilst driving somewhere my battery just died despite the charger being plugged in and showing as charging?
I bought another charger off ebay which is a usb car socket with a genuine Samsung micro usb cable. It shows as 1A output and I plugged my phone in to charge at 1% with google maps running, half an hour later it had only gone up to 2%?
What I did previously was plug the 3 pin mains charger into a 240V inverter plugged into the cigaretter lighter socket and that actually charged the phone. Any ideas why the car chargers won't charge it, does anyone know of a car charger that actually will charge the S5?

buy yourself 4.8A dual usb car charger (2.4A per port).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread