Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UNU Unity Samsung Galaxy S5 Battery Case

Tip us?

tibbi64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default UNU Unity Samsung Galaxy S5 Battery Case

Has anyone got this case? UNU Unity Samsung Galaxy S5 Battery Case on Amazon. Can't post a link yet.

Ultra-slim style 2800mAh battery case provides your Samsung Galaxy S5 an additional 100% power which is equal to 10 hours of talk-time.
Fully-customizable design with 360° of protection offering premium protection from scratches, fingerprints, smudges and bumps.
Offered in several vibrant colors, including magenta, blue, silver, and black
Integrated battery capacity detection. Detect Unity’s power levels directly on your phones screen.
Special Note: S5 is not water resistant when equipped with UNITY.

RedRamage
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbi64 View Post
Has anyone got this case? UNU Unity Samsung Galaxy S5 Battery Case on Amazon. Can't post a link yet.

Ultra-slim style 2800mAh battery case provides your Samsung Galaxy S5 an additional 100% power which is equal to 10 hours of talk-time.
Fully-customizable design with 360° of protection offering premium protection from scratches, fingerprints, smudges and bumps.
Offered in several vibrant colors, including magenta, blue, silver, and black
Integrated battery capacity detection. Detect Unity’s power levels directly on your phones screen.
Special Note: S5 is not water resistant when equipped with UNITY.
Interesting... Hadn't heard of this before, but it's an option to think about.

http://www.myunu.com/unity-s5.html

I think Samsung built the NFC antenna into the battery in order to limit people getting batteries from 3rd party sources. It appears that UNU does a nice trick here where they simply put their battery in the original spot with contacts sticking out. Then you put the original battery, with the NFC into the contacts on their battery... thereby maintaining the NFC antenna. Good idea.

The only problem is wireless charging.... most 3rd party cards are built to lay flat against the inside. Their contacts wouldn't reach to the contacts on the phone with the double thick battery.

My guess is that it also doesn't maintain IP67 rating.

I just want an extended battery that maintains NFC, IP67 rating, and can be wirelessly charged. Oh... and preferably not TOO much thicker. Is that too much to ask??

estoydadude
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It is rated as #1 in top 5 best battery case for Samsung Galaxy S5 in some high ranking websites, since I am new member and it wont' let me post links...

If you search " unu unity samsung galaxy s5 battery case" on google, you should be able to see some good results.