[ROM] [G906S/K] Korean S5

28th March 2015, 03:29 PM |#731  
Thanks Meter: 108

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

Hi to everyone!
I'm about to buy a 906L and use it in Italy with the H3G Italy "3" provider.
Can you please tell me in what does it differs from the other 906S and 906K models?
You say that this rom here is usable on the L version too, but why before was not usable?
I can't understand the differences.
Thank you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

Hi, welcome!

The difference between S and K isn't significant, just bloatware/proprietary apps by the respective Korean cellular providers. Sammy updates follow very closely one with another for these two models so you won't be at a disadvantage with either of them.

Before you buy the phone consider this:
- compare LTE bands as operated by Three in Italy vs phone specs - not all European lte frequencies are supported
- we are a bit light on custom ROMs and are basically dependent on only two (!) developers. Standard European models have much bigger variety of custom ROMs
- this is a Korean only model so not sure for how long Sammy is going to continue investing efforts into updating the firmware

That said I believe everyone who owns this model is super excited and happy with its performance, power and hardware - definitely one of the best mobiles out there, easily keeping up with the newer S6.
28th March 2015, 03:36 PM |#732  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 98

1,936 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000

Hi, welcome!

The difference between S and K isn't significant, just bloatware/proprietary apps by the respective Korean cellular providers. Sammy updates follow very closely one with another for these two models so you won't be at a disadvantage with either of them.

Before you buy the phone consider this:
- compare LTE bands as operated by Three in Italy vs phone specs - not all European lte frequencies are supported
- we are a bit light on custom ROMs and are basically dependent on only two (!) developers. Standard European models have much bigger variety of custom ROMs
- this is a Korean only model so not sure for how long Sammy is going to continue investing efforts into updating the firmware

That said I believe everyone who owns this model is super excited and happy with its performance, power and hardware - definitely one of the best mobiles out there, easily keeping up with the newer S6.

Thank you so much.
The model that I am about to buy is a 906L...and in which does it differ from the two brothers the 906K and 906S?
About the roms, I think I'm gonna use it with stock plus root and Xposed.
Thank you.

28th March 2015, 03:42 PM |#733  

456 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you so much.
The model that I am about to buy is a 906L...and in which does it differ from the two brothers the 906K and 906S?
Thank you.

I don't have any experience with L so can't comment here. Just bear in mind we're on Lollipop already and XPosed isn't yet supported. Perhaps in the future...
28th March 2015, 04:00 PM |#734  
Flag Pisa, Italy

1,936 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't have any experience with L so can't comment here. Just bear in mind we're on Lollipop already and XPosed isn't yet supported. Perhaps in the future...

I've read on first page that the Zip package to install on Lollipop stock devices goes Xposed support...isn't it?

28th March 2015, 04:03 PM |#735  

456 posts
More
Quote:

I've read on first page that the Zip package to install on Lollipop stock devices goes Xposed support...isn't it?

On stock, yes, but not lollipop. The first post was created when Kit Kat was around and I don't think it's been updated... Unless I miss something.
28th March 2015, 05:03 PM |#736  
Flag Pisa, Italy

1,936 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

On stock, yes, but not lollipop. The first post was created when Kit Kat was around and I don't think it's been updated... Unless I miss something.

Oh..So the Xposed incompatibility with Lollipop is across all Android devices?

About the networks, is there a truly complete thread from where to have all the infos in unlocking all the bands in these 906 devices?
Isee a lot of them but can't understand which is the most true.
Tnx!

28th March 2015, 05:17 PM |#737  

456 posts
More
Quote:

Oh..So the Xposed incompatibility with Lollipop is across all Android devices?

About the networks, is there a truly complete thread from where to have all the infos in unlocking all the bands in these 906 devices?
Isee a lot of them but can't understand which is the most true.
Tnx!

For S5, you cannot unlock any LTE bands on top of what's supported by default by any particular model.
Have a look at supported bands specs of a phone of your choice - these are the frequencies you're gonna use, no more than that.

A lot of forums describe a lot of procedures but none of them work on Galaxy S5.

Do feel free to hit 'thanks' if you find the responses useful
The Following User Says Thank You to botwa2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2015, 12:09 AM |#738  
Thanks Meter: 230

1,627 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you so much.
Thank you.

Xposed is not yet compatible with stock Lollipop so you'll have to install Cm12 if you need xposed.

Sent from my SM-G906S
The Following User Says Thank You to AMoosa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:37 AM |#739  
Flag Pisa, Italy

1,936 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa

Xposed is not yet compatible with stock Lollipop so you'll have to install Cm12 if you need xposed.

Sent from my SM-G906S

And the united last rom dire S & K test is reporter to work also for the L series, which Android version has inside? And which Modem?
Thank you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread