Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][G900F][ALEXNDR] ANG2 KitKat 4.4.2 Multi CSC (Developer Base, KNOX 0x0)

Tip us?

zic1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You can verify your current CSC by connecting to Kies (main page, software Information). I you'll see TWO - you can install this ROM choosing CSC TWO, without wipe data ticked. But if you have VIP (VIPNET), CRO (T-Mobile) or any other CSC - you can still install this ROM using CSC TWO, but wipe data is highly recommended

BTW
TWO is "the cleanest" CSC in Croatia (originally no CSC bloatware or additional TELE2 carrier apps) - I recommend to use it in Croatia, independently of carrier operator you are using[/QUOTE]

Hi Alexndr,
I checked my CSC in Kies as adviced and this is info:

Current firmware version:
PDA: NE2
CSC: ND3
Phone: NE2 (SEE)

Which code I must choose from your ROM?

Cheers
LG Optimus 2x / ROM: Jelly Cream 1.4 /Baseband version: V30A / Kernel: Kowalski M1 / KoB 0.7
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F / Stock ROM G900FXX1ANE2/ Towelroot

_alexndr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
You can verify your current CSC by connecting to Kies (main page, software Information). I you'll see TWO - you can install this ROM choosing CSC TWO, without wipe data ticked. But if you have VIP (VIPNET), CRO (T-Mobile) or any other CSC - you can still install this ROM using CSC TWO, but wipe data is highly recommended [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zic1 View Post
Hi Alexndr,
I checked my CSC in Kies as adviced and this is info:

Current firmware version:
PDA: NE2
CSC: ND3
Phone: NE2 (SEE)

Which code I must choose from your ROM?

Cheers
So you can choose SEE, it's clean, unbranded CSC I thought you have one of the CSC which I mentioned above
The Following User Says Thank You to _alexndr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_alexndr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 654
Starting from ANG2 base I noticed, that DEODEXING of everything (even if file will not be modified) may cause some problems in sensitive applications - not or hard to explain (e.g. incorrect functionality, random crashes etc.). So I've changed my mind - Developer Base SHOULD NOT be 100% Deodexed! I also noticed that I'm not the only one. More and more developers / chefs are moving away from 100% deodexing and use deodexed files only in case of modifying.

I have decided that starting from ANG2 my Developer Base will be Odexed (I mean - original files, NOT re-odexed)!

In addition, I put deodexed framework & apps - ready for modifying. I put it especially for apktool enthusiasts who do not want / can't use Linux and ArchiKitchen but they want to try modding.

In case of using my Developer Base as a pattern to create custom ROM - I recommend replacing some odexed files by deodexed only if these are modified. This ensures to achieve the greatest possible stability and performance
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _alexndr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gilg@mesh
Old
Thanks Meter 260
maybe do two versions? one Odexed and one Deodexed.

Sent from my GALAXY S5

www.garaget.org/Gilgamesh

Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches? Hmm? And then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog REALLY is. It's not about money... it's about sending a message. Everything burns!