[ROM][G900F][ALEXNDR] ★ ANK7 / BOB7 ★ DevBase, Multi CSC, Safe De-Bloat, KNOX 0x0

OP _alexndr

Today, 12:26 AM   |  #1231  
Thanks Meter: 11

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxgirl

Try this:
1. Take the system from this dev base (it's already mounted and extracted)
2. Deodex it using the tool
3. The 3 folders you get push them back into the system yiu extracted from the zip after you deleted the original (odexed) folders
4. Replace the syst in the zip of this devbase (which is why it's called a devbase...) with your new deodexed system.
5. Do not go through kitchen. Rooting and busyboxing will be done during the installation process anyway.
6. Flash your new deodexed base
7. I am guessing the problem is with some meta data from the kitchen. This is the easiest way to eliminate that possibility. You can also compare the metadata the way kitchen sets it to the one in this rom base but that will be very long...

Cheers!

Edit: do not debloat until you see that your full deodexed base is working fine. Your problem could also be debloat related.

Edit2: always keep only the actual libs without copying the symlinks. Yiu should set symlinks during flashing. And the symlinking is included in alexndr's updater script.

Awesome... Thanks for your help!!.

That worked well. I deleted everything and started again.

I now have a deodexed BOB7 rom that doesnt FC .

The Following User Says Thank You to NZnewbie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:28 AM   |  #1232  
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 4,283

2,192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZnewbie

Awesome... Thanks for your help!!.

That worked well. I deleted everything and started again.

I now have a deodexed BOB7 rom that doesnt FC .

You're most welcome, mate! Anytime 😃😃😃
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daxgirl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:31 AM   |  #1233  

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxgirl

You're most welcome, mate! Anytime

You might wish you never said that!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NZnewbie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:47 AM   |  #1234  

70 posts
Hey guys is there any difference between different CSCs from different countries? I am currently running the spainish one and when i press the volume buttons then I dont get the mute and dont disturb modes but i can change them from the notification drawer. Any way to get them by pressing volume keys?
Today, 12:56 AM   |  #1235  
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 4,283

2,192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htb2050

Hey guys is there any difference between different CSCs from different countries? I am currently running the spainish one and when i press the volume buttons then I dont get the mute and dont disturb modes but i can change them from the notification drawer. Any way to get them by pressing volume keys?

The difference between different csc is just that. I dint know specifically if the mute is a csc feature, but different countries and different carriers request different features. So csc in programming speaking terms acts like... let's say an external preference file for the system, some of them are booleans, some are arrays of strings, some are integers... for example, some carriers demand an actual LTE icon to be shown when connected to 4g. There is a csc feature for that. Some carriers demand activated call recording, others ask for restricted features... Some samsung apps have an "if" conditions inside that check for those features and depending on what they find, they might act differently in different countries.
I hope that's clear enough.
As for the mute buttons in volume menu I can't say. Didn't install the latest Base yet, being lazy/busy... but I do know note 3 official release has the function. In the XEO csc (maybe alexndr can shed more light on that, it's his home csc )
Night!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daxgirl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
0x0, csc, g900f, rom, root
Previous Thread Next Thread