FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][G900F][ALEXNDR] ★ BOH4 / POGC ★ DevBase, Multi CSC, Safe De-Bloat, KNOX 0x0

775 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,326

By _alexndr, Senior Member on 12th July 2014, 11:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 04:56 PM |#2921  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 290

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico

It's not about Samsung's reaction or Spain. It's about EU law and retailers. In EU the seller is the one responsible for warranty issues, not the manufacturer.
So in EU you can safely throw away Samsung's warranty booklet because that warranty is voulantary in EU. The seller (electronics shop or operator if bought on contract) on the other hand MUST give you a minimum 1 year warranty. And the whole knox thing is outside of EU consumer right law. So, in short. Knox is NOT a warranty breaker in any EU country.
However if you're living in one of the "new" (eastern european) eu countries the seller might try to trick you out of your warranty.

Well guys just lost 2 hours with samsung service center and thy directly said if knok is tripped warranty is void. They cannot repair it.. they dont give a crap about the europe law... its in the instruction manual if you manipulate hardware or software you lose the warranty. They told me when they connect the phone to the foware fo autenticate with samsung server on korea they deny directly if knox is tripped... so thats some sh..t.. (:

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk
Last edited by igorescu04; Yesterday at 04:58 PM.

Yesterday, 05:26 PM |#2922  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorescu04

Well guys just lost 2 hours with samsung service center and thy directly said if knok is tripped warranty is void. They cannot repair it.. they dont give a crap about the europe law... its in the instruction manual if you manipulate hardware or software you lose the warranty. They told me when they connect the phone to the foware fo autenticate with samsung server on korea they deny directly if knox is tripped... so thats some sh..t.. (:

Maybe you missed the point. The samsung oem warranty is voulentary. They don't have to service you if they don't want to. In EU the SELLER has to service you if it's a store or network operator.
Yesterday, 06:11 PM |#2923  
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico

Maybe you missed the point. The samsung oem warranty is voulentary. They don't have to service you if they don't want to. In EU the SELLER has to service you if it's a store or network operator.

So what you are saying is that my seller "vodafone" should handle the repair?

Yesterday, 06:28 PM |#2924  
Thanks Meter: 410

More
Quote:

Yes. Go to Vodafone and ask for service.

Sent by my SM-G900F, aka Galaxy S5
The Following User Says Thank You to fubo73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 07:20 PM |#2925  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Quote:

Yes, exactly
Just don't make life harder for yourself and start talking about how you flash roms and root the phone. Tell them what your problem is and answer "i don't know/no" to any unnecessary questions.
Yesterday, 07:24 PM |#2926  
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Year the problem is the phone was bought at vodafone rumania and i'm in spain I d9n't know here can help me

Yesterday, 09:46 PM |#2927  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looki75

Are you still within the warranty period (phone bought 1 year ago)?

If yes, it would be nice to have your feedback about how Samsung reacts to a knox-tripped phone that should be repaired under warranty...

Thanks

I had problem with headphones jack of my s5. It was near 1 year old. I had knox tripped and I took it to samsung servis here in Slovenija. I had no problem.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 10:47 PM |#2928  
Thanks Meter: 410

More
Quote:

Year the problem is the phone was bought at vodafone rumania and i'm in spain I d9n't know here can help me

Perhaps you cannot get any help then...

Sent by my SM-G900F, aka Galaxy S5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
0x0, csc, g900f, rom, root
Previous Thread Next Thread