Adreno 3xx GPU Driver for Android 4.4.4 KitKat - flashable package

Search This thread

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
What looks more material-ish cm11? And are you taking about fluidity?
Thanks

I was being offtopic there and I meant that I hope Samsung's official Android L update of TouchWiz will feature a completely redone design.
As for CM11: itt that the drivers that come with it now are dodgy and that the drivers posted in OP are better because they're official from Qualcomm. You can look at the screenshots I posted earlier and compare: I got +2000 more points in antutu after flashing the zip.

Simmo3D

Mar 24, 2011
Just curious, I went to flash this again with Philz and noticed the date was 2013 and for 200/300 adreno chips during installation. Is this correct?

Simmo3D

Mar 24, 2011
Anyone running this on the latest CM nightly (Oct 13)? How is performance compared to default driver?

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
I've tried this driver on S4 LTE-A (Qualcomm SD800) Android 4.4.2, Antutu 5.1:
On stock driver i have ~42500
On this driver ~41500.
Thus it's less optimized than original one.

By the way, for TW ROM, correct path to put libs is /system/vendor/libs (not /system/libs).
Also, it's possible that librs_adreno.so and libRSDriver_adreno.so aren't used in TW ROM. Not sure if these libs provide any additional boost.
Content of /bin is not required. It looks like DVFS daemon, which won't work correctly on TW ROM (because it has its own DVFS driver).

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Greetings,

This driver is obtained from Qualcomm's 07 Aug 14 drivers for "Qualcomm Adreno 3xx GPU on Nexus 4, 5 & 7 devices running Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat".

All credits go to the folks at Qualcomm for making the developer version of these lib files available for us to play with.

This is for testing purposes only. Please don't flash without backing up first and then start screaming if something happens to your phone!

The package only contains files for Adreno 300 and 330. I cooked the packaged to be flashable on our SM-G900T or any SM-G900 with the Adreno 330 chipset.

I'm on a "XtreStoLite_G900T_ROM_v1.3_UVU1BNG3" ROM, which is a super clean/slim version of the stock rom. This is also Android 4.4.2, my AnTuTu benchmark results dropped from 37400 to 35800 after flashing this package.

I'm requesting someone with a KitKat 4.4.4 ROM to test this and report back their before and after benchmarks.

I appreciate your feedback,
I'm sorry for asking but please don't kill me, do you have a back up driver/the original driver I can flash? Thanks I honestly didn't read the instructions fully I was too excited and then now I wanna go back but no Back up...

Thanks in advance! !!

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
hey mate, would you know how i can get the GPS driver?

Sorry to be off topicish :)

Questions are asked in Q&A, mate. I don't know what you are talking about. The GPS driver is always included in all roms that support GPS. So if you want to try that again, please do it in the Q&A section of this forum. Good luck :good:

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

I'm sorry for asking but please don't kill me, do you have a back up driver/the original driver I can flash?
This is the easy way (or do it the "hard" way)
1 Backup data in recovery
2 Wipe
3 Flash your rom
4 Restore the data partition you just backed up
5 Profit
:good:

GuruBuilt

Sep 13, 2014
would it work with Omega 4.4.2?

From Qualcomm...
This release contains a developer preview of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm Adreno 3xx GPU on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 devices running Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat. This release includes OpenCL in addition to OpenGL ES. It has been tested with the KTU84P factory image.

The drivers above are from the nexus 5 build which uses the same Adreno 330 chip. I wouldn't use with 4.4.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

This driver is obtained from Qualcomm's 07 Aug 14 drivers for "Qualcomm Adreno 3xx GPU on Nexus 4, 5 & 7 devices running Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat".

All credits go to the folks at Qualcomm for making the developer version of these lib files available for us to play with.

This is for testing purposes only. Please don't flash without backing up first and then start screaming if something happens to your phone!

The package only contains files for Adreno 300 and 330. I cooked the packaged to be flashable on our SM-G900T or any SM-G900 with the Adreno 330 chipset.

I'm on a "XtreStoLite_G900T_ROM_v1.3_UVU1BNG3" ROM, which is a super clean/slim version of the stock rom. This is also Android 4.4.2, my AnTuTu benchmark results dropped from 37400 to 35800 after flashing this package.

I'm requesting someone with a KitKat 4.4.4 ROM to test this and report back their before and after benchmarks.

I appreciate your feedback,
    Anything?

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry, I didn't forget about you. It takes a few days to really put it through its paces. But here is what you want to know: It works in 4.4.2 Touchwiz (Alliance Rom B4 for me)

Performance Increase in ROM function and control with "Turn Off Hardware Overlays" and Force GPU Rendering: Check

So I tested this by underclocking my CPU to the point where lag was perceivable in things likes app launching, keyboard typing, app draw opening, etc. I dropped it down to about 1200Mhz on all cores and then disabled HW Overlays. It was night and day. After the GPU took over rendering my CPU clock speed hardly moved all of the items previously lagging went right back to being fluid.

So does it help with Rendering in the ROMs? Yes, it definitely can.

The other concern people have is with battery life that goes with GPU rendering and the claims are that the GPU uses more power than the GPU. In my preliminary testing, what I noticed was lower overall CPU temps while Hardware Overlays was off, lower CPU clock speeds since it didn't need to render apps, and a small decrease in battery life.

In the power draw category I need more time with BetterBatteryStats and I need to adjust some variables. I want to underclock the GPU to the point of perceivable lag (if that is possible) and then I want to adjust the governor with KTweaker and see if I can't get better battery life. I will simultaneously lower CPU speeds to keep my core temperatures down and keep the battery cool. If these things are successful and battery life is interchangeable between the two, I may run the GPU full time for rendering the ROM. Keep in mind though, only custom kernels allow this kind of tweaking. If you use a stock ROM you are stuck with CPU and GPU clock speeds where they are so battery will drain faster.

Give me about a week to test my theory on this and see if I can find an equilibrium for CPU and GPU temperature and speed. I'll post the profile I used with KTweaker when I have my results. Until then, if you want to help and find your own settings and post them here along with battery life that would be awesome.

Edit: For what it is worth, to test application launch speeds and UI fluidity with the GPU I completely turned off system animations, I set Nova Launcher Animations Speed to Faster than light and scroll speed to "Fast" (personal preference). I got the same, or better response time using the GPU to render the UI.
    This can't be right because right now I haven't flashed the driver update and look at My score

Now imagine that's without kt kernel just stock kernel, I'm on xtralite 3.5a t-mobile, so what if I flashed the kt kernel AAAAND the adreno update.... would my phone explode?!?!
    I'm thinking twice now whether I should flash thisor not. ..

You have a good point. I think antutu v5 also rescaled their scoring system. Anyway, post your new score if you decided you want to give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

43718 before

43292 after

All I did was reboot into recovery, flash the ZIP and then run the test, same clock speed etc..

Lower score, what about gaming?

You guys make me sad. Benchmarks are not now, nor will they ever be, an acceptable means for telling you how capable your device is. Your scores in AnTuTu are about as capable of telling you your phone's speed as your ESN is at telling people who your phone belongs to. It is just arbitrary numbers that will fluctuate up and down based on the slightest inconsistencies.

Drivers, just like in Windows/Linux/Mac, are meant to optimize the performance of your hardware. That's it. This driver likely optimizes the GPU cycles to make it more efficient and lower heat output while performing better in games. You know why hardware review sites start out with benchmarks saying what it can do in a perfect world but still ends the review by telling you it gets 75 FPS in Borderlands 2? They do that because while synthetic tests are nice, what would be the point if our games don't play better? It is the same concept here.

I'm begging you, uninstall AnTuTu, re-install your favorite mobile game and just base performance off of whether it plays better or not.

Side Note: Drivers didn't appear to do anything in AOSP CM11 when I gave it a try. Sorry I am so late on reporting in, college takes up a lot of my time. Also, using the GPU to draw your applications does eat more battery whether you use these drivers or not. So there is no marked improvement from lowering CPU speed and using GPU only to render.
    Just curious, I went to flash this again with Philz and noticed the date was 2013 and for 200/300 adreno chips during installation. Is this correct?
    He just used an old zip and replaced the actual drivers in it. So it says "2013 and for 200/300" even though it's not.
    In order to get any real "TouchWiz/Nova/Apex/etc" performance increase from it you'd have to flash this, then venture into Developer's Options and enable Force GPU rendering and Disable Hardware Overlays. And even then our device is so performance driven that you likely would likely not even realize the difference other than giving the CPU a break for a few cycles and possibly seeing a battery life increase depending on whether the CPU or GPU pulls more juice. These drivers are largely made to increase the 3D performance of your device when gaming and while it wasn't meant for us I'm glad to see someone took the time to let us benefit from it.

I'm going to flash it on an NG4 (4.4.2) release and see how it holds up to GPU rendering no hardware overlays. I don't game so if you want an objective test on that someone will have to pick up my slack. I'll report back when I know if it truly impacts it.