Just gonna repeat my post from the other thread, as it might be useful for someone
*ALL TESTING DONE ON 900F ALEXANDRS DEVBASE BOE3 (NOT BOE5)*
Originally Posted by CronKz
Hello, this thread might be outdated but for me it was a current topic and i didn't want do open a new thread. So I just found this tutorial.
1. You need a rooted device and a Root Explorer (Make sure you have Read/Write permissions enabled.
2. Browse to the root folder from there to the system folder.
3. Make a Backup of the "build.prop" file - just in case...
4. Edit the file with a Text Editor and search for the line "ro.product.name="
5. Now if there is like for example "jfltexx" edit the name until "XXXlte" -> delete everything that's behind "lte"
6. Add "vzw" or "att" behind "lte" -> for example "jfltevzw" and save the file.
7. Now reboot and it's done!
This should work on every android 5.0+ device (didn't test it out)
Hope I could help you guys out Worked fine for me
*the issues I am having might be firmware dependent*
Changed mine to vzw and it worked, but.. It also changed the 4G icon to a 4GLTE icon, it changed the brightness bar so that it can't be changed while in auto mode, the wifi hotspot icon is also changed. And systemui crashes on boot and everytime I run an app in landscape mode.. The taskmanager/clear all apps icons in recents are changed to text. Gonna try changing to att now
EDIT: Tried changing to att and the 4GLTE and WiFi hotspot icons changed again. The 4GLTE icon is a new one and the hotspot icon is the same as the standard 900F icon. Also, att forces the operator name to be shown in statusbar. SystemUI crashes on boot just like with vzw BUT that's the only time it crashes, unlike vzw where SystemUI crashes in landscape mode too.
EDIT#2: So, after changing to vzw then att then vzw and then att again, att crashes in landscape mode too. I guess it's an odex/kernel issue, because I've wiped cache & dalvik but it persists.
EDIT#3: here's a screenshot of the systemUI crash because of landscape mode / rotation.
EDIT#4: vzw works perfect without any issues on Sixperience 3.0. Pic attached