Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch

The post Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch appeared first on … more

Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0

The post Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0 appeared first on … more

Unlock Moto E 2015 Bootloader

more

Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” Summary

The post Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” … more
Post Reply

Lollipop tricks

OP brees75

25th February 2015, 04:28 PM   |  #1  
brees75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 344
 
858 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I solved some issues I was having, thought I would share.

Notice Chrome freezing or responding really slowly? Or do you hate not having easy access to tabs and functions? Go to Settings and disable 'Merge tabs and apps'.

Can't remove system apps? Grab the app 'Parcel' from Google play. Uninstall the apps 3 times in a row, then reboot.

All I got for now...

Feel free to share yours!
Last edited by brees75; 25th February 2015 at 04:30 PM.
25th February 2015, 06:31 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brees75

I solved some issues I was having, thought I would share.

Notice Chrome freezing or responding really slowly? Or do you hate not having easy access to tabs and functions? Go to Settings and disable 'Merge tabs and apps'.

Can't remove system apps? Grab the app 'Parcel' from Google play. Uninstall the apps 3 times in a row, then reboot.

All I got for now...

Feel free to share yours!

Or you could just root and use titanium backup to remove system apps instantly
27th February 2015, 01:44 PM   |  #3  
BTrack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayheMv786

Or you could just root and use titanium backup to remove system apps instantly

I dont' think you can root Lollipop on the GS5, yet.
27th February 2015, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
-PiLoT-'s Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 1,226
 
3,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrack

I dont' think you can root Lollipop on the GS5, yet.

i managed to root BNL2 all the way to BOB7
The Following User Says Thank You to -PiLoT- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 03:47 PM   |  #5  
BTrack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
To the best of my knowledge, for those of us who were not already rooted on KK, a Lollipop root exploit is not available yet.
27th February 2015, 06:17 PM   |  #6  
-PiLoT-'s Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 1,226
 
3,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrack

To the best of my knowledge, for those of us who were not already rooted on KK, a Lollipop root exploit is not available yet.

well, i completely wipe at each upgrade and CF autoroot works fine
27th February 2015, 06:49 PM   |  #7  
BTrack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PiLoT-

well, i completely wipe at each upgrade and CF autoroot works fine

I stand corrected. Please point me to the thread that will show me how to root my previously unrooted, locked, Lollipop GS5 without downgrading the OS.
27th February 2015, 07:39 PM   |  #8  
-PiLoT-'s Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 1,226
 
3,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrack

I stand corrected. Please point me to the thread that will show me how to root my previously unrooted, locked, Lollipop GS5 without downgrading the OS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713950
27th February 2015, 07:52 PM   |  #9  
BTrack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PiLoT-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713950

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have a SM-G900V (Verizon) not T-Mobile as the link you supplied reflects. That link also states "CF-Auto-Root is not yet available for all models". I searched the forum and found no instance of "Verizon" or "900V". Thank you anyway. I'll keep monitoring the forum.
27th February 2015, 10:38 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrack

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have a SM-G900V (Verizon) not T-Mobile as the link you supplied reflects. That link also states "CF-Auto-Root is not yet available for all models". I searched the forum and found no instance of "Verizon" or "900V". Thank you anyway. I'll keep monitoring the forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...8-5-0-t3020546
Try this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes