Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Thumbs down S5 battery life sucks. gpsd task

OP danfalcas

9th September 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Josť
Thanks Meter: 42
 
328 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hi there,

I wanted to check if there is any solution to the ****ty battery life the S5 have. I don't know why Samsung talks **** about iPhone if they can't have a good battery life without the U saving mode.

I've tried everything even turned GPS off. Disabled Samsung remote location. Please help.

I used to achieve 14 hours on my nexus 5... Yes the N5, come on!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-08-17-01-27.png
Views:	1459
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	2929824  
The Following User Says Thank You to danfalcas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
That's rough my battery usually lasts me 14 hours ish
9th September 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Josť
Thanks Meter: 42
 
328 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesIsNinja

That's rough my battery usually lasts me 14 hours ish

How many % the gpsd task shows in yours? Also is it the G900H?
9th September 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #4  
Chaitanyapatel8880's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Locating.........
Thanks Meter: 352
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Mine one lasts for 1 complete day with 4g on most of the time.. Screen time is around 4 to 5 hours
9th September 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
1,815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
If you're coming here to find a solution then use a program to diagnose the issue like wakelock detector or better battery stats. This post lacks information and does not allow us to help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
you can try to download wake lock detector or better battery stats from the play store to monitor your battery usage
9th September 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #7  
Chaitanyapatel8880's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Locating.........
Thanks Meter: 352
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfalcas

Hi there,

I wanted to check if there is any solution to the ****ty battery life the S5 have. I don't know why Samsung talks **** about iPhone if they can't have a good battery life without the U saving mode.

I've tried everything even turned GPS off. Disabled Samsung remote location. Please help.

I used to achieve 14 hours on my nexus 5... Yes the N5, come on!

Your problem might be due to any of these 2 reasons
1 app that uses the network is misbehaving
If this is the case than Uninstalling the misbehaving app.

2 the radio control interface
Sometimes the signal from Tower is not that good in your area so setting the network settings to AUTO mode, the phone keeps switching between GSM, WCDMA AND LTE. try setting your phone to GSM ONLY or WCDMA ONLY. it will most probably solve the issue.
9th September 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #8  
Ave666's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
644 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Hahaha. I can't believe to see this post. That's the problem dude. I've 5-6 sot on TW with usage all day long, data all the time. And I got 5 sot on cm. Believe me as heavy user here 😍

from SM-G900F / SM-N9005
The Following User Says Thank You to Ave666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Josť
Thanks Meter: 42
 
328 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

If you're coming here to find a solution then use a program to diagnose the issue like wakelock detector or better battery stats. This post lacks information and does not allow us to help you.

Ok I will use the wake lock app today the whole day. At the end of the day will post the results. Also I will make the suggested changes to the network to see if it helps. Thanks. Will post the results in 10-12 hours.
9th September 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
what rom or you running? stock samsung?
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfalcas


Ok I will use the wake lock app today the whole day. At the end of the day will post the results. Also I will make the suggested changes to the network to see if it helps. Thanks. Will post the results in 10-12 hours.

my battery lasts almost a day each time..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes