Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

S5 warranty and knox 0x1 info.

9th December 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

162 posts
More
Hi I just want to a inform you that today I just picked up my galaxy s5 from warranty for front camera problems and I was knox 0x1 and they replaced it with new imei and all.i was on xtrestolite with costume recovery but before I return it I flashed stock firmware.
so after all the procedure is done I asked to talk to the technician who saw my phone and asked him about the knox 0x1 warranty and told me that the 0x1 is like a safety for Samsung when they think that you have damaged it, they use the 0x1 to void the warranty, ex overclock or fried Wi Fi chip.
But if the damage on the phone is obvious that is not done by the user they ignore the knox 0x1 and they accept the warranty.
I didn't ask much because the fat manager was on his way and I could see the technician wasn't very comfortable seeing the manager aproaching so I said thank you and bye.

So that was a relief for me I was afraid they will refuse my warranty because of knox 0x1, and there I was playing it cool on the first 3 months about not caring about warranty
Last edited by thunderc8; 9th December 2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: miss typed overclock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunderc8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bedford
Thanks Meter: 14

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderc8

Hi I just want to a inform you that today I just picked up my galaxy s5 from warranty for front camera problems and I was knox 0x1 and they replaced it with new imei and all.i was on xtrestolite with costume recovery but before I return it I flashed stock firmware.
so after all the procedure is done I asked to talk to the technician who saw my phone and asked him about the knox 0x1 warranty and told me that the 0x1 is like a safety for Samsung when they think that you have damaged it, they use the 0x1 to void the warranty, ex overlook or fried Wi Fi chip.
But if the damage on the phone is obvious that is not done by the user they ignore the knox 0x1 and they accept the warranty.
I didn't ask much because the fat manager was on his way and I could see the technician wasn't very comfortable seeing the manager aproaching so I said thank you and bye.

So that was a relief for me I was afraid they will refuse my warranty because of knox 0x1, and there I was playing it cool on the first 3 months about not caring about warranty

Excellent result - question, what country are you in??
The Following User Says Thank You to MadMic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 195

452 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMic

Excellent result - question, what country are you in??

now that is an excellent question
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wajiman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 59

405 posts
Yeah. In my country (Bangladesh), my galaxy s5 also repaired from Samsung customer care with knox triggered 01 times..
The Following User Says Thank You to Masum56k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

162 posts
More
I am from Greece.
But I don't believe the instructions they have are for Greece service center only, I guess that explains why some had warranty success with knox triggered.
9th December 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 100

667 posts
More
In the entire european union, samsung Will honour the warranty, no matters about KNOX being tripped or not.

Is An enforced E.U. directive.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to worf_1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 124

639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by worf_1977

In the entire european union, samsung Will honour the warranty, no matters about KNOX being tripped or not.

Is An enforced E.U. directive.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F

Confirmed.
Some repair centers try to be funny. But as soon as you ask them to write down responsible person name and reason for repair refusal the KNOX thing is out of the window and device gets serviced.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ogremount For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2015, 08:44 PM   |  #8  
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 241

856 posts
More
Went to some Samsung courses and spoke with the guys there, one was from the mobile division and I asked him about Knox and he said that it's a gray area... He asked me what company imports it as it may have their own repair centers and I said that it was Samsung and he said: depends how curios and how much knowledge the guy who repairs it has...
25th February 2015, 09:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
Hi, I'm from Greece, bought the s5 from Vodafone Germany, from the very start i had some issues, like the power button, no matter how I was pressing it, it refused to pop up the menu of restart, close and whenever I could achieve to get it, the phone was locked and the menu did disappear and there I was again at the start, trying to restart the phone. But most annoying is that recently I got a serious screen problem that caused a non fuction phone and making it dead unable to use it. I had to remove several times battery, wait some hours until it could recover by itself, but only until next time within the day or the next day. I called Samsung Greece explained them its a absolutely hardware problem no matter that the Knox was triggered by me. I send it to them to check it and see if it is possible to fix it. But as you can imagine they refused my warranty because of the Knox. Its totally insane!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150221_170305.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	3183739  
26th February 2015, 01:18 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 505

1,585 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo30

Hi, I'm from Greece, bought the s5 from Vodafone Germany, from the very start i had some issues, like the power button, no matter how I was pressing it, it refused to pop up the menu of restart, close and whenever I could achieve to get it, the phone was locked and the menu did disappear and there I was again at the start, trying to restart the phone. But most annoying is that recently I got a serious screen problem that caused a non fuction phone and making it dead unable to use it. I had to remove several times battery, wait some hours until it could recover by itself, but only until next time within the day or the next day. I called Samsung Greece explained them its a absolutely hardware problem no matter that the Knox was triggered by me. I send it to them to check it and see if it is possible to fix it. But as you can imagine they refused my warranty because of the Knox. Its totally insane!!

I'd look further into that mate, EU law means that they can not refuse it because of knox being tripped. They would have to make a case that knox tripping damaged the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread