Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Galaxy Alpha versus Galaxy S5: What's the difference?

OP LALUMPM

26th August 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #11  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 782

3,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
The S5 for me is the better phone, the Alpha is there to fill a piece of the market that Samsung hasn't tapped into, lets say you're on an iphone 5 / 5S and you want something else, a change, but all the main powerhouses are far too big for what you think a phone should be, you want to retain size but yet have the performance that some android handsets can offer, you are left with limited options, the Sony Z1 Compact, the HTC M8 Mini, the Galaxy S5 mini, none of which offer the latest processors or the large amounts of RAM you get from any of the flagships, getting the Alpha will ensure a premium build, fast internal memory and a relative size compared to an iphone, this is Samsung's attempt to steal IOS customers, and in all fairness it'll work, this phone will sell to the people who want the fastest of processors, even though the Exynos is a b*tch to work with in terms of development, people will still buy it as it is quicker than the 801, plus the people who want something more from IOS, not to mention that it's exactly the same screen size as the new Iphone 6, I think it's a smart move.
Last edited by dladz; 26th August 2014 at 10:04 AM.
27th August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #12  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 196

824 posts
More
Alpha and the S5 are pretty much identical.
Exynos Alpha vs. Exynos S5
Snapdragon Alpha vs. Snapdragon S5
Last edited by lingowistico; 27th August 2014 at 02:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread