samsung galaxy s5 charging time. 2.0(micro usb) 3.0 cable

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
By yash kariya, Junior Member on 2nd August 2014, 06:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th July 2015, 11:10 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 33
Originally Posted by gyrex

Exactly. I highly recommend buying anker usb cables. Thick gauge, high quality cables offering less resistance and more power delivery to the device. The other factor is cable length - the longer the cable = more voltage drop = less current.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

the maplin usb 3 ones are very good, this type

its the same cable that came with my lacie external usb drive (good transfer rate)
3rd September 2015, 06:11 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 0
New member here. I've read through this thread and have some questions. I recently purchased a USB wall charger from monoprice. The charger is supposed to provide 2.4A through any single port however i'm only getting around 1.5-1.6A on average when charging my Galaxy S5 (as seen on Battery monitor widget). It does have spikes where it hits ~2A charge but it isn't sustained. I'm using the stock samsung USB 3.0 cable which has 23awg for power.

Why am I not getting the full 2.4A constantly? What is the limiting factor here?
3rd September 2015, 07:42 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 57
If you use a stock rom (touchwiz) and a stock kernel the S5 has a maximum charge rate of 1.8A with power on and 2.0A with power off. You can only set up the charging rate with a custom kernel like Boeffla. I charge with 2.2A. More can kill your phone.

The difference between USB 2.0 and 3.0 cable is only the speed between PC and Smartphone. The charging rate is the same (I mean the cable, not the ports).
Last edited by Solvin; 4th September 2015 at 07:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solvin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread