Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-G906S/K/L/ S805 Info Sharing thread (Root/CWM/Custom Rom)

Tip us?

CarpeDiemPW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default WiFi issues

Hi everyone. I've got the G906S also and can confirm that it's been working fine on Vodafone UK too. Only issue I have with the phone is some rather shocking WiFi range issues. Has by far and away the best connection on the .11ac when within ten or so feet with direct line of sight (800+Mbps), but once an object gets in the way or I move the phone further away it instantly drops to .11n and only at around 50~60Mbps. Has anyone experienced any such issues? I have a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Tab S too and they are maintaining their .11ac connection for way longer (around 200Mbps and 500Mbps respectively when the S5 LTE-A drops out)? Not the end of the world with regards to internet as 60Mbps is quite adequate, but I distribute a lot of my music and photos across multiple devices from my NAS and this would be severely affected.

Was hoping it was flaky software that may get fixed (official or custom ROM) rather than a faulty module or antennas...

chungdae
Old
Thanks Meter 8
That's strange. My wifi range seems to be on par as the S5 Active and S4 Active I had previously. Works about 50 feet outside through concrete walls for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiemPW View Post
Hi everyone. I've got the G906S also and can confirm that it's been working fine on Vodafone UK too. Only issue I have with the phone is some rather shocking WiFi range issues. Has by far and away the best connection on the .11ac when within ten or so feet with direct line of sight (800+Mbps), but once an object gets in the way or I move the phone further away it instantly drops to .11n and only at around 50~60Mbps. Has anyone experienced any such issues? I have a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Tab S too and they are maintaining their .11ac connection for way longer (around 200Mbps and 500Mbps respectively when the S5 LTE-A drops out)? Not the end of the world with regards to internet as 60Mbps is quite adequate, but I distribute a lot of my music and photos across multiple devices from my NAS and this would be severely affected.

Was hoping it was flaky software that may get fixed (official or custom ROM) rather than a faulty module or antennas...

prodigiez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
@miscom , can you help to test on something ?
SM-G906S
SM-N9005

miscom
Old
Thanks Meter 1019

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigiez View Post
@miscom , can you help to test on something ?
Sure thing. Let me know how I can help.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam_douchebag View Post
hey I have downloaded the stock odex rom, but I want to restore the original stock bootanimation, how can i restore it?
I am out of town this week with no access to my PC. I can put together a flashable file next week for you. What version do you want? G906S or G906K?

iam_douchebag
Old
Thanks Meter 11
G906s
Sent from my SM-G906S using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to iam_douchebag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prodigiez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
@miscom as i know , G906S will not show H, H+ whenever u r connected to HSPA...it shows only 3G.. can you try to decompile Systemui.apk and go to res/value and edit bools.xml as below

<bool name="config_hspa_data_distinguishable">true</bool>
<bool name="config_show4GForLTE">true</bool>

then recompile and test it ?

This will separate the HSDPA , HSPA+ with their respective icon
SM-G906S
SM-N9005
Tags
s5 lte-a g906 s805