Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-G906S/K/L/ S805 Info Sharing thread (Root/CWM/Custom Rom)

Tip us?

D.O.C
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - The Android Surgeon
Thanks Meter 3,733

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by risx View Post
@D.O.C. Maybe try the *#0011# trick to see if you have additional bands?

No mate, they show the same on that menu, either way they must be hardcoded (prewritten menu), so I dont think they will be shown there.
Without really connecting to these "unlocked" networks, all my observations wpuld be objective (obviously I do get better reception and faster wifi speed :P), but as said....all subjective and not real measurements.

risx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.C View Post
No mate, they show the same on that menu, either way they must be hardcoded (prewritten menu), so I dont think they will be shown there.
Without really connecting to these "unlocked" networks, all my observations wpuld be objective (obviously I do get better reception and faster wifi speed :P), but as said....all subjective and not real measurements.
Would you mind listing out the steps you did different from the other thread to get all the bands? I am curious to try this

D.O.C
Old
(Last edited by D.O.C; 14th September 2014 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,733

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by risx View Post
Would you mind listing out the steps you did different from the other thread to get all the bands? I am curious to try this
I used EFS Professional to get into DIAG mode, installed this driver, the com port used varies a bit from the one described at the instructions (showed only a few, so it was not hard to see which one was the right one, you can try a "trial and error"), and when modifying the NV I did not select all the GSM - WCDMA Bands like the author did, since selecting Japan 1700 and XI - 1500 would cause it to show no signal at all.

If you try it, please make sure to annotate somewhere your #1877 code so I can compare it with mine (pm it to me if you want to, although all 906 should be the same (since its bands, not imei or anything personal) I think I did not memorized it correctly, just to double check).

BTW, when entering into service mode (code 2263) via Shortcut master (free on play store) and comparing it to my Note 3 int. I can select all the same bands except one, the Note 3 has Band 20 whereas the G906S has Band 17, So I am guessing it does work? (need more objective testing though)

tookie015
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I used EFS Professional to get into DIAG mode, installed this driver, the com port used varies a bit from the one described at the instructions (showed only a few, so it was not hard to see which one was the right one, you can try a "trial and error"), and when modifying the NV I did not select all the GSM - WCDMA Bands like the author did, since selecting Japan 1700 and XI - 1500 would cause it to show no signal at all.

If you try it, please make sure to annotate somewhere your #1877 code so I can compare it with mine (pm it to me if you want to, although all 906 should be the same (since its bands, not imei or anything personal) I think I did not memorized it correctly, just to double check).

BTW, when entering into service mode (code 2263) via Shortcut master (free on play store) and comparing it to my Note 3 int. I can select all the same bands except one, the Note 3 has Band 20 whereas the G906S has Band 17, So I am guessing it does work? (need more objective testing though)
DOC, is this ROM dependent? Do we need to do this everytime we flash new ROM?

botwa2000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Will it work on SM-G906K you think? If not, what needs to be done for it to work? As I said, happy to test though I'm nowhere near to be an expert. Still, perfectly able to follow clear instructions and take the risk.

Sent from my SM-G906K using XDA Free mobile app

D.O.C
Old
(Last edited by D.O.C; 14th September 2014 at 05:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,733

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie015 View Post
DOC, is this ROM dependent? Do we need to do this everytime we flash new ROM?
No, even if you flash a new firmware with odin, it seems the changes you make are permanent, but wait!, I do not even have confirmation this actually works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000 View Post
Will it work on SM-G906K you think? If not, what needs to be done for it to work? As I said, happy to test though I'm nowhere near to be an expert. Still, perfectly able to follow clear instructions and take the risk.

Yeah, G906K would use the same steps, but, as I said, hold up until we at least know its worth your time.

Lets see....download Shortcut Master Lite from Google Play, then go to code 2263
I see this options on my screen, are these options the same ones all of you got? (without modding anything), sorry, I do not remember what I had before XD, what a noob :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-14-18-13-21.png
Views:	98
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	2936990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-14-18-13-31.png
Views:	81
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	2936991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-14-18-13-37.png
Views:	79
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	2936992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-14-18-13-26.png
Views:	79
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	2936993  

The Following User Says Thank You to D.O.C For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeTeR010195
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
No, even if you flash a new firmware with odin, it seems the changes you make are permanent, but wait!, I do not even have confirmation this actually works!

Yeah, G906K would use the same steps, but, as I said, hold up until we at least know its worth your time.

Lets see....download Shortcut Master Lite from Google Play, then go to code 2263
I see this options on my screen, are these options the same ones all of you got? (without modding anything), sorry, I do not remember what I had before XD, what a noob :P
I do have the same options and bands without modding
The Following User Says Thank You to PeTeR010195 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

botwa2000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Yep, confirmed that's the originally available bands, nothing new

The Following User Says Thank You to botwa2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icteyemd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahshiminator View Post
To those of you who wants video calls to be enabled, I have done some edits to my CSC and I think I maybe have found a lead to enable video calls.
This may be a lead, but who knows; just posting it out here for people to maybe try to tinker and maybe together we can get a solution.

... crap. editing my post via xda mobile caused the code to disappear.. i'll edit and post this again as soon as i get access to a pc.

This seemed to enable me to hit the video call button, but somehow the error appeared (as shown in attached picture).
any luck?

Shahshiminator
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by icteyemd View Post
any luck?
Still trying to figure out what the InCallUi issue is about. I will update if I find anything..

Sent from my SM-G906S using XDA Free mobile app

Tags
s5 lte-a g906 s805