SM-G906S/K/L/ S805 Info Sharing thread (Root/CWM/Custom Rom) Update: 23/10/2014

OP prodigiez

3rd March 2015, 08:00 PM   |  #1631  
Thanks Meter: 96

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa.phatt

my SM-G906s doesnt enter sleep mode. the battery stats show that its awake the whole time. and android sys is eating up most of the battery power. and the phone heats up(powers button area) at times. im running the latest NK1 4.4.2 unrooted firmware.
Please help me figure out the issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyogiro

I have the same problem whereas I'm on the stock rom or miscom's one. I installed Greenify (it works without root) and wakelock detector. Sometimes I managed to have 50% of deep sleep.

But others times, others apps are acting crazy like Gmail which kept my phone awake half of last evening.

I didn't find any satisfying solution apart from cutting off the data connection which I need...

Can you post screenshots of your stock power saving and display settings?
Yesterday, 12:47 AM   |  #1632  
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevae

hey. so i upgraded to the latest philz, and then loaded cm 12. but didn't realize cm12 doesn't come with google apps. never used it before. so two questions, how do you get your computer to recognize your phone with a new load of cm 12? and how in the hell do you download gaps to put it on this phone (906s)? i went to http://www.technobuzz.net/download-g...cm12-lollipop/
and dl the gaps from there, but the phone will NOT load it. so is there a special link for the proper gaps for this phone and version of cm 12?

OK can some someone refer me to a guide that shows me how to get cyanogenmod on my G906K? I have been looking around everywhere and I see no support for the S5 LTE-A devices.
Yesterday, 03:18 AM   |  #1633  
Flag Beqa Lagoon, Fiji Islands
Thanks Meter: 64

376 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNiNELiVES

OK can some someone refer me to a guide that shows me how to get cyanogenmod on my G906K? I have been looking around everywhere and I see no support for the S5 LTE-A devices.

there is a thread here on xda about the 906s/k and an unofficial cm 12 rom. also, if you search my latest posts, another poster lists the correct page to get all of it. i don't remember specifically, or i'd list it for you, but it is there. i have it on my phone now, but there are a few problems. still worth taking a look at. hope this helps.

UPDATE: here is one of the links: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...od-12-t3034078
Last edited by stevae; Yesterday at 07:24 PM.
Yesterday, 07:12 PM   |  #1634  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 16

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000

Can you post screenshots of your stock power saving and display settings?

A few details about my usage. I just installed Battery Guru from Qualcomm, it has just learned "my pattern" during the course of 4 days. It has been on its own for 24 hours now without effect I must say.

I'm currently in China, I'll be back in Europe during summer time, so every google services don't work without a VPN. I noticed that sometimes, when I sleep without accessing the VPN, Gmail could be quite the battery killer, I think because it tries to sync without success. But that wasn't always the time.

On the other hand, I've tried to turn off sync too, but it was about the same. The thing is, I do not know what's causing the wakelocks.

Today, 11:59 AM   |  #1635  
Flag COLOMBO
Thanks Meter: 12

245 posts
Donate to Me
More
---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

[/COLOR]i also have similar battery stats as you have..except for the awake bar is fully blue. and i noticed that while i carge my phone the touch screen misbehaves..as in when i scroll through the homescreen apps get opened...is this a problem with the processor?
and also when i open wechat moments the pictures endup in a zoomed manner...same thing happens to whats app profile pictures also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyogiro

A few details about my usage. I just installed Battery Guru from Qualcomm, it has just learned "my pattern" during the course of 4 days. It has been on its own for 24 hours now without effect I must say.

I'm currently in China, I'll be back in Europe during summer time, so every google services don't work without a VPN. I noticed that sometimes, when I sleep without accessing the VPN, Gmail could be quite the battery killer, I think because it tries to sync without success. But that wasn't always the time.

On the other hand, I've tried to turn off sync too, but it was about the same. The thing is, I do not know what's causing the wakelocks.

Today, 12:39 PM   |  #1636  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 16

48 posts
More
I have the same bug with wechat or whatsapp. I noticed if I turn on the auto-rotation, it kind of resolve the problem from to time. It doesn't always work.

I had full blue awake bar also before I started to use Greenify. Despite my efforts, battery life is still very poor. I dunno if it is linked Android Kit Kat, I hope so, so Lollipop could resolve our battery drain problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s5 lte-a g906 s805
Previous Thread Next Thread