Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

SM-G906S/K/L/ Info Sharing thread (Official 5.0.1 available) Update: 12/03/2015

29th March 2015, 10:31 PM |#1761  
Thanks Meter: 108

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayush.garg

Don't understand why a lot of people are complaining about poor performance/battery life with this Lollipop version. For me I have had no issues at all and the battery life was almost doubled once I realised that my location service was always on high accuracy. Once I changed it to power saving this phone easily lasts for a whole day (~12hrs) and it is blazing fast across Lollipop even with TW. Remember guys this does carry the Snapdragon 805 and 3GB RAM which is a lot of power!
In my opinion I prefer the Samsung extras (S-Health, Camera App, Multi Window) etc. hence why I choose this over CM12 (which I was using before official Lollipop). The only drawback is we can't get xposed yet....

I kinda need location services and I'm not really happy with the battery life... My phone is on a charging pad half a day during the day - or else it's dead by 6pm.

Of course wireless charging helps at least I don't have the hassle of plug/unplug every time.

I agree with you on Sammy extras but just feel sad we've been abandoned by @miscom
30th March 2015, 01:37 AM |#1762  
Thanks Meter: 15

87 posts
Well, I use a quick toggle from gravitybox to toggle my location services between power saving and high accuracy. Some apps can get by with power saving while others like driving apps need high accuracy. With jelly bean, GPS is always set to power saving (using network to determine position) when GPS toggle is off. In Kit kat, turning off GPS means it is totally off. More troublesome without the quick toggle from gravitybox
30th March 2015, 11:25 AM |#1763  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 98

1,936 posts
Donate to Me
More
@botwa2000

You have told me in another thread that editing LTE bands in these G906 phones is not possible.
I have also write you in your thread where you talk about these facts.
Can you give me some extra infos please about editing bands in this devices?
My LTE are ok here in Italy.
The only thing that I'd like to activate in the 906L that I've found for buying is the 3G band 900Mhz that my Italian provider (Three "3" ) have started to use last year for increasing efficiency in indoor connections.
This provider uses also the 2100Mhz band that work ok in my city, but poor for indoor connection. Actually I'm using this while I'm replying now with my actual Samsung S3.
See here the world band localization:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html
(Note: band 900Mhz it's not shown in the 3G band of provider Three "3" for Italy. I've sent them an email for correction for adding it.)

Cheers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2
Last edited by PIRATA!; 30th March 2015 at 11:28 AM.
30th March 2015, 01:25 PM |#1764  
Thanks Meter: 108

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

@botwa2000

You have told me in another thread that editing LTE bands in these G906 phones is not possible.
I have also write you in your thread where you talk about these facts.
Can you give me some extra infos please about editing bands in this devices?
My LTE are ok here in Italy.
The only thing that I'd like to activate in the 906L that I've found for buying is the 3G band 900Mhz that my Italian provider (Three "3" ) have started to use last year for increasing efficiency in indoor connections.
This provider uses also the 2100Mhz band that work ok in my city, but poor for indoor connection. Actually I'm using this while I'm replying now with my actual Samsung S3.
See here the world band localization:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html
(Note: band 900Mhz it's not shown in the 3G band of provider Three "3" for Italy. I've sent them an email for correction for adding it.)

Cheers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

Send me a PM
The Following User Says Thank You to botwa2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s5 lte-a g906 s805
Previous Thread Next Thread