FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

SM-G906S/K/L/ Info Sharing thread (Official 5.0.1 available) Update: 12/03/2015

457 posts
Thanks Meter: 196
 
By prodigiez, Senior Member on 7th July 2014, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd July 2015, 08:59 AM |#2061  
Junior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000

See post #2010 above by @PIRATA! re: dialpad - it worked for me

Thanks mate! Worked for me too. Now to try and get that pesky accuweather app working along with the weather daemon, and I'll be all set.

edit: I have tried this method of using an S6 weather app (only 4x1) from this site: http://www.dorylabs.com/downlod-gala...home-launcher/ which seems to work partially, it does crash sometimes when trying to update the weather.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhunter09

Hello! Can sum1 help me root my G906s and install custom recovery so I can flash custom roms.

Please send me the link or pm me steps. I am on official lollipop 5.0.2 stock rom.

Thank you very much!

refer to this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1984

Otherwise, use Odin 3.10.6 then flash PhilZ recovery using AP. Make sure you uncheck Auto Reboot. Then you can root using the same method, use the correct CFROOT file for the G906S. Read the OP http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...hread-t2807639

Hope this helps.
Last edited by toasty69; 3rd July 2015 at 03:00 AM.
 
 
3rd July 2015, 09:57 AM |#2062  
rastigo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,133
 
More
Need some professional advice pl
I am from India and looking to buy 906 lte a from ebay. I wanted to know if the phone can be rooted without tripping knox.

I prefer staying on kitkat than updating to android L

in india will all apps such as messaging , calls internet 2g & work fine.
I just use 2g, so am concerned if that is a problem as i read in this thread that the phone has lte and 3g in network options. So i wanted a clear idea if 2g or edge internet would work or not before I go for the phone
Would I get updates
will the cell reception be fine...
Seems there are alot of cool experienced folks here..so thought i will ask.

I also wanted to know id the messaging app works fine with regard to mms or its connected to the carrier in some way.

I want to make sure that before i get my money invested in this beast, i can make good use of it

btw, the ebay store says its a international region free unlocked version ..


Lastly if not the 906 s5 prime; is it worth buying the regular galaxy s5 or anyone can suggest a better alternative

Awaiting someone to reply
Last edited by rastigo; 3rd July 2015 at 11:14 AM.
3rd July 2015, 12:21 PM |#2063  
botwa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastigo

Need some professional advice pl
I am from India and looking to buy 906 lte a from ebay. I wanted to know if the phone can be rooted without tripping knox.

I prefer staying on kitkat than updating to android L

in india will all apps such as messaging , calls internet 2g & work fine.
I just use 2g, so am concerned if that is a problem as i read in this thread that the phone has lte and 3g in network options. So i wanted a clear idea if 2g or edge internet would work or not before I go for the phone
Would I get updates
will the cell reception be fine...
Seems there are alot of cool experienced folks here..so thought i will ask.

I also wanted to know id the messaging app works fine with regard to mms or its connected to the carrier in some way.

I want to make sure that before i get my money invested in this beast, i can make good use of it

btw, the ebay store says its a international region free unlocked version ..


Lastly if not the 906 s5 prime; is it worth buying the regular galaxy s5 or anyone can suggest a better alternative

Awaiting someone to reply

2g works fine but you need to check the supported frequencies of your network provider vs S5 Prime's specs.

Messaging etc. works fine - various folks around the globe have no issues with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to botwa2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2015, 03:59 PM |#2064  
PIRATA!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 135
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastigo

Need some professional advice pl
I am from India and looking to buy 906 lte a from ebay. I wanted to know if the phone can be rooted without tripping knox.

I prefer staying on kitkat than updating to android L

in india will all apps such as messaging , calls internet 2g & work fine.
I just use 2g, so am concerned if that is a problem as i read in this thread that the phone has lte and 3g in network options. So i wanted a clear idea if 2g or edge internet would work or not before I go for the phone
Would I get updates
will the cell reception be fine...
Seems there are alot of cool experienced folks here..so thought i will ask.

I also wanted to know id the messaging app works fine with regard to mms or its connected to the carrier in some way.

I want to make sure that before i get my money invested in this beast, i can make good use of it

btw, the ebay store says its a international region free unlocked version ..


Lastly if not the 906 s5 prime; is it worth buying the regular galaxy s5 or anyone can suggest a better alternative

Awaiting someone to reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000

2g works fine but you need to check the supported frequencies of your network provider vs S5 Prime's specs.

Messaging etc. works fine - various folks around the globe have no issues with it.

Yes, check your country bands and compare them to the device bands.
For rooting workout tripping Knox, you should go for KingRoot app, but you should ask them for complete support.
Messages delivery reports doesn't work in my country, while standard S5 does.
For the other stuff, it's an amazing device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906K using TapaTalk
3rd July 2015, 05:53 PM |#2065  
botwa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

Yes, check your country bands and compare them to the device bands.
For rooting workout tripping Knox, you should go for KingRoot app, but you should ask them for complete support.
Messages delivery reports doesn't work in my country, while standard S5 does.
For the other stuff, it's an amazing device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906K using TapaTalk

Message delivery report doesn't seem to work outside Korea on this device, at least no-one reported otherwise as far as I know.

I found once somewhere in the internet there are some country / provider specific settings for the delivery report of text messages but I couldn't find where you can edit it in the device itself.

[EDIT] found it!
If you want to get a delivery report you need to use a specific prefix placed in front of the message. E.g. for Vodafone Germany I'd have to use a prefix *N# then write a message as normal.

Somehow an automated prefix feature is disabled on our phones, I have no clue as to how to enable it.

More details here: http://senseiphone.com/carriers-pref...hone-04022494/
Last edited by botwa2000; 3rd July 2015 at 06:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to botwa2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2015, 09:06 PM |#2066  
botwa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty69

so after some tom foolery, I have arter97 with xposed v3 alpha 2 working on my G906L. A couple of things:

1. Does someone have a method of removing Korean from the dialer?
2. I am trying to install the S6 Accuweather widget, but am having no luck with it and the weather daemon, can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

What's the issue with AccuWeather? I just installed it and it seems to work for me.
4th July 2015, 06:09 AM |#2067  
PIRATA!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 135
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000

Message delivery report doesn't seem to work outside Korea on this device, at least no-one reported otherwise as far as I know.

I found once somewhere in the internet there are some country / provider specific settings for the delivery report of text messages but I couldn't find where you can edit it in the device itself.

[EDIT] found it!
If you want to get a delivery report you need to use a specific prefix placed in front of the message. E.g. for Vodafone Germany I'd have to use a prefix *N# then write a message as normal.

Somehow an automated prefix feature is disabled on our phones, I have no clue as to how to enable it.

More details here: http://senseiphone.com/carriers-pref...hone-04022494/

Amazing!
But the fact is that I have the delivery/read report setting/check box on each conversation in the Messages app, and not in the generic Message app settings menu.
If I enable the delivery report through the conversation settings of any conversation in my Messages app, I then get a delivery report.
This check box does reset it self each time, so before sending every message, I should go there and check the delivery report check box for that user from his conversation settings so to receive one.

I'm still searching a solution for that as it's not the messaging app SecMms. Already tried to replace it with stock S5 where the delivery/read reports are located in the general Messages app settings, and the result was having the same settings menu as stock G906K, with olleh popup message when going into the roaming reception in the Messages app settings.
Must be some other priv-app app or a framework.


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906K using TapaTalk
Last edited by PIRATA!; 4th July 2015 at 06:12 AM.
4th July 2015, 02:16 PM |#2068  
Audioboxer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 505
 
More
I only ever got delivery reports working on cm 12 on this device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s5 lte-a g906 s805
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes