FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

SM-G906S/K/L/ Info Sharing thread (Official 5.0.1 available) Update: 12/03/2015

458 posts
Thanks Meter: 196

By prodigiez, Senior Member on 7th July 2014, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st July 2015, 10:26 AM |#2151  
Flag Chungbuk
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0jance

Tou alreay provided the link of Arter97 rom, do I flash it via recovery or do I install it using ODIN?

Odin. Flash over stock firmware.

@pirata The following is quoted from his website: http://arter97.com/artware.htm
"/* Changelog */
2015-07-25
S-Finder and QuickConnect toggle removed (by hsk from Matcl)
Deodexed with latest oat2dex.jar (misc bug fixes)
Fixed Google Play and WatchON force closes
PowerOn sound from Galaxy S6..."

31st July 2015, 11:55 AM |#2152  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud7dha

Odin. Flash over stock firmware.

@pirata The following is quoted from his website: http://arter97.com/artware.htm
"/* Changelog */
2015-07-25
S-Finder and QuickConnect toggle removed (by hsk from Matcl)
Deodexed with latest oat2dex.jar (misc bug fixes)
Fixed Google Play and WatchON force closes
PowerOn sound from Galaxy S6..."

Arter's download still seems to be based on BOE not BOG
31st July 2015, 02:03 PM |#2153  
Flag Chungbuk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000

Arter's download still seems to be based on BOE not BOG

BOG is a KT update - doesn't apply to S and L variants ATM.
31st July 2015, 02:05 PM |#2154  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Can anyone tell me the diference between 906s and 906k

Thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk
31st July 2015, 04:28 PM |#2155  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:

What kind of battery saving measures have you taken? Custom kernel, like lolliwiz (with Kernel Adiutor for settings)? Xposed, greenify, amplify, power nap, deep sleep battery saver, etc?

I have the S variant with arter97's latest BOE1 deodexed stock firmware (7.25 update), moderately debloated, lolliwiz r7, xposed (greenify + amplify + DS battery saver), and myandroidtools (to disable services). I've dimmed the screen as much as possible and disabled all input sounds (including haptic feedback). Wifi, LTE, sync, gestures, and screen rotation are off. I turn on data as I need, as I don't have reliable wifi. After 30 hours with light to moderate use, I'm at 80% battery.

You may have to start fresh with a hard reset, possibly even reflashing the stock firmware through odin. Starting over sucks, but the S5 with lollipop is a battery sucker IMHO; you have to do a lot of reading and tweaking to keep the battery in line. Once you get Google play services and apps under control, you can enjoy decent battery life.

Before you undertake anything extensive with your device, I'd check your battery to ensure it's not defective in any way. I doubt your problems are hardware related, but who knows?

I have taken all of those battery measures. Always use minimum brightness, lolliwiz, turned off all Samsung features. Android system and Android OS use as much if not not battery than the screen. I'm going to try Arter ROM next

Sent from my SM-G906L using XDA Free mobile app
31st July 2015, 07:58 PM |#2156  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:

What kind of battery saving measures have you taken? Custom kernel, like lolliwiz (with Kernel Adiutor for settings)? Xposed, greenify, amplify, power nap, deep sleep battery saver, etc?

I have the S variant with arter97's latest BOE1 deodexed stock firmware (7.25 update), moderately debloated, lolliwiz r7, xposed (greenify + amplify + DS battery saver), and myandroidtools (to disable services). I've dimmed the screen as much as possible and disabled all input sounds (including haptic feedback). Wifi, LTE, sync, gestures, and screen rotation are off. I turn on data as I need, as I don't have reliable wifi. After 30 hours with light to moderate use, I'm at 80% battery.

You may have to start fresh with a hard reset, possibly even reflashing the stock firmware through odin. Starting over sucks, but the S5 with lollipop is a battery sucker IMHO; you have to do a lot of reading and tweaking to keep the battery in line. Once you get Google play services and apps under control, you can enjoy decent battery life.

Before you undertake anything extensive with your device, I'd check your battery to ensure it's not defective in any way. I doubt your problems are hardware related, but who knows?

I flashed the BOG stock today and thought I'd wait with rooting just to see how unaltered TW fares in terms of battery.

I'm ~9 hours since last charge, been almost constantly streaming music from internet radio via cell then Wi-Fi network. I also had a few calls. I'm still on 25 pc juice left.

To be honest I've never been better on any custom ROMs so far... even tempted to stay unrooted for the time being just to see if there's any change in the coming days.
Yesterday, 01:10 PM |#2157  
Flag Chungbuk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrimonk

I have taken all of those battery measures. Always use minimum brightness, lolliwiz, turned off all Samsung features. Android system and Android OS use as much if not not battery than the screen. I'm going to try Arter ROM next

I'm tempted to buy an 7500 mAh extended battery and forget about it; the stock batteries are too small.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by botwa2000

I flashed the BOG stock today and thought I'd wait with rooting just to see how unaltered TW fares in terms of battery.

I'm ~9 hours since last charge, been almost constantly streaming music from internet radio via cell then Wi-Fi network. I also had a few calls. I'm still on 25 pc juice left.

To be honest I've never been better on any custom ROMs so far... even tempted to stay unrooted for the time being just to see if there's any change in the coming days.

You might be on to something there. Some experts contend rooting may become a thing of the past soon anyway. Offering a customizeable experience and limiting the bloat is the way forward for smartphone companies. That said, samsung may be falling behind the curve, especially on the Korean made variants, and the three major Korean telecom companies aren't much better in how they treat rooted devices. A custom rom?! :0h no! It's like you're doing something illegal. (If I'm paying out the a$$ for something, I'll do whatever I please with it.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s5 lte-a g906 s805
Previous Thread Next Thread