FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

SM-G906S/K/L/ Info Sharing thread (Official 5.0.1 available) Update: 12/03/2015

470 posts
Thanks Meter: 202
 
By prodigiez, Senior Member on 7th July 2014, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th August 2015, 02:36 AM |#2201  
stevae's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beqa Lagoon, Fiji Islands
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud7dha

I read somewhere on the Miscom rom thread that fingerprints get lost when restoring a backup; search is down ATM, so I can't find the exact post to link. Looks like a fresh install is in store.
I tried dirty flashing the most recent Miscom rom for S and K variants (based on ANK1). However, it turned my phone into a K variant with Olleh apps. Then, I got an error message saying my phone wasn't registered on KT's network. (Of course not, I'm on SK telecom's network.) So, I just reflashed stock firmware for S; I'm not going to hassle with Odin and flashing modems on top of Miscom. Since I'm in Korea, the K and S differences (i.e., carrier specific apps / bloat) matter. Too bad, I wanted to try Miscom's rom, but debloated stock with lolliwiz will have to do for now. At least my battery isn't draining by 1% every 30 seconds I'm looking at the screen.

funny you should mention the battery life, because my phone has been sitting around for three days now, and i have tried to opened it many, many, many times with different codes, to no avail. but even after three days off of the charger and me trying to get into it, it is still at 93% percent battery. WOW! i can't wait to get miscom's rom back on this thing and get my great battery life back.

miscom use to have a dedicated download for the "s" and the "k". but now it is unifide. oh, well. i REALLY HATE that i can't get into that old backup, and restore it, as it was perfect. i wish i had never of upgraded to lollipop. is there no way to go into a back up and delete security information??? lol.
Last edited by stevae; 29th August 2015 at 02:42 AM.
 
 
29th August 2015, 10:52 AM |#2202  
Member
Flag Chungbuk
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

I am still on stock kernel and never tried Lolliwiz. How can I check if I'm facing that issue you say, as I don't have any comparisons?

Are you experiencing unexplained battery drain? If not, then your phone is probably deep sleeping normally, and there is no need to investigate any further. BBS is the most comprehensive app to check for kernel wakelock issues if you think there might be a problem though.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevae

funny you should mention the battery life, because my phone has been sitting around for three days now, and i have tried to opened it many, many, many times with different codes, to no avail. but even after three days off of the charger and me trying to get into it, it is still at 93% percent battery. WOW! i can't wait to get miscom's rom back on this thing and get my great battery life back.

miscom use to have a dedicated download for the "s" and the "k". but now it is unifide. oh, well. i REALLY HATE that i can't get into that old backup, and restore it, as it was perfect. i wish i had never of upgraded to lollipop. is there no way to go into a back up and delete security information??? lol.

Yeah, that sucks about the backup not working. I think you would be okay flashing the latest unified Miscom rom though; 1800 MHz should work for LTE with either modem (K or S). Just uninstall the KT carrier crap. Alternatively, you could go back to ANJ2a Miscom and flash the NJ2 modem for the S variant; or, extract the modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin from our ANK1 stock firmware, create a tar.md5 file, and flash it through Odin. Miscom never made an S based modem file for his latest rom; by then, everyone was looking to get on LP.
29th August 2015, 03:25 PM |#2203  
stevae's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beqa Lagoon, Fiji Islands
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud7dha

Are you experiencing unexplained battery drain? If not, then your phone is probably deep sleeping normally, and there is no need to investigate any further. BBS is the most comprehensive app to check for kernel wakelock issues if you think there might be a problem though.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Yeah, that sucks about the backup not working. I think you would be okay flashing the latest unified Miscom rom though; 1800 MHz should work for LTE with either modem (K or S). Just uninstall the KT carrier crap. Alternatively, you could go back to ANJ2a Miscom and flash the NJ2 modem for the S variant; or, extract the modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin from our ANK1 stock firmware, create a tar.md5 file, and flash it through Odin. Miscom never made an S based modem file for his latest rom; by then, everyone was looking to get on LP.

WOW! weird happening. i seem to be stuck on lollipop. when i tried to unlock the miscom backup, one of the options it normally gives you is to use your google account to unlock it, which is what i did in the past. but now, trying to do that, even when i put in the correct google information, it says that it is incorrect. so that killed me, and i have no explaination. then i went back to stock lolli, and tried to just go from scratch. so i dl miscom's latest rom, and tried to load it. but here is the thing, after choosing english, setting up google accnt and putting in my wifi connection, it takes me to a screen to add the samsung account without a way to skip this. and it says that without putting in the samsung accnt info, that the phone is locked because of an unusual factory restore. and so i made a samsung account on my computer, and tried it, and it just continually says that the operation failed. so i can't seem to go back to miscom's rom. any advice here?

one other thing, because of curiousity, i allowed the stock lolli to complete an update, and now i can't seem to flash philz recovery, and thus can't root my device. so i am just all screwed up here. haven't ever had this much trouble doing anything with this phone.
29th August 2015, 04:31 PM |#2204  
Member
Flag Chungbuk
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevae

WOW! weird happening. i seem to be stuck on lollipop. when i tried to unlock the miscom backup, one of the options it normally gives you is to use your google account to unlock it, which is what i did in the past. but now, trying to do that, even when i put in the correct google information, it says that it is incorrect. so that killed me, and i have no explaination. then i went back to stock lolli, and tried to just go from scratch. so i dl miscom's latest rom, and tried to load it. but here is the thing, after choosing english, setting up google accnt and putting in my wifi connection, it takes me to a screen to add the samsung account without a way to skip this. and it says that without putting in the samsung accnt info, that the phone is locked because of an unusual factory restore. and so i made a samsung account on my computer, and tried it, and it just continually says that the operation failed. so i can't seem to go back to miscom's rom. any advice here?

one other thing, because of curiousity, i allowed the stock lolli to complete an update, and now i can't seem to flash philz recovery, and thus can't root my device. so i am just all screwed up here. haven't ever had this much trouble doing anything with this phone.

You're on an LP bootloader. Try flashing ANK1 stock firmware through Odin (root, install Philz). Flash Miscom with Philz. I have heard of some devices getting locked down once they upgrade to LP. AFAIK, our devices should have unlocked bootloaders; I've migrated from KK to LP and back a couple of times now, but I always flashed the stock firmware through Odin before proceeding to any custom options.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s5 lte-a g906 s805
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes