I am on AT&T and the reason I bought this phone was because, according to the specs in the FCC site, it has LTE Band 17 (which is the most common one for AT&T).
I was only getting 3G (HSPA+) speeds. I followed the following procedure to enable LTE for data and still be able to place/receive phone calls:
Do this at your own risk
- Open the dial pad
- Type: *#0011# to enter Service Mode (Be very careful with what you do here)
Note: You need to be rooted for this to work
- Once in Service Mode, do the following:
- Tap the menu button and tap Back
- Tap the menu button again and select "Key Input" and enter an upper case Q and press OK
- Tap the menu button again and select "Key Input" and enter 4 zeroes (0000) and press OK
- Wait from 5 to 15 seconds. You'll see the Main Menu
- Choose option : UE SETTING & INFO
- Choose option : SETTING
- Choose option : PROTOCOL
- Choose option : NAS
- Choose option : NETWORK CONTROL
- Choose option : BAND SELECTION
- Choose option : LTE Band Preference
- Choose option : LTE ALL (Or you can choose band 17 instead)
- Tap the menu button and choose Back (Don't press the back key)
- Tap again the menu button and choose Back
- Choose option : LTE/WCDMA Mode Only
- Press the back key to exit
And that's it: You now have LTE and calls if using AT&T. This won't work with TMobile.
If you reboot your phone, you may need to repeat the steps.
Are you sure G906S have band 17? I ask 4 person, they dont see the band 17 on G906S.