Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Only get 2G on on Telus (AT&T band), what am I doing wrong?

OP xoltrix2000

18th July 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

325 posts
More
The phone we have is a SM-G900F international, unfortunately I can only get 2G on this thing while on Telus and won't even connect on Rogers (which doesn't make sense). Is it possible this phone is bricked? If yes, can it be fixed?

Thanks,
Xol
19th July 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoltrix2000

The phone we have is a SM-G900F international, unfortunately I can only get 2G on this thing while on Telus and won't even connect on Rogers (which doesn't make sense). Is it possible this phone is bricked? If yes, can it be fixed?

You don't understand what bricked means. If your phone was bricked, you wouldn't get 2G either. You would have the same reception as a brick does.

Your model supports most, but not all of the Telus and Rogers frequencies. So one would expect it to work most of the time. If you have a Telus or Rogers SIM as opposed to roaming on those systems, then open a support ticket with your carrier.

It sounds like your phone is not provisioned correctly. That may be as simple as updating your APN information or may need carrier side adjustments to your account configuration.

If you are in a fringe area, one that is only served by a single 3G /4G band then the problem could be that your phone simply does not support 3G 1700 or 4G 700/1700 that are used in Canada.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread