Ask a question

No registration required

Microphone not working on Galaxy S5

OP navpal

2nd September 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
My microphone on my S5 is not working. When I make a call I can hear the person but they can not hear me I also tried recording my voice and it didn't work, so clearly I am assuming the microphone is broken. What part do I specifically need in order to replace the microphone and have it working?
2nd September 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 618

1,978 posts
Sounds like you didn't do a search and read the existing threads on this subject. Your assumption that the mic isn't working may not be correct. You should at least try turning off the noise cancelling settings first, speaking closer to the mic, et cetera. There is also a service menu setting for microphone gain. Failing all of those items, then a warranty claim or buying the part yourself, if out of warranty.

All of these are elaborated in more detail in existing threads.

2nd September 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Sounds like you didn't do a search and read the existing threads on this subject. Your assumption that the mic isn't working may not be correct. You should at least try turning off the noise cancelling settings first, speaking closer to the mic, et cetera. There is also a service menu setting for microphone gain. Failing all of those items, then a warranty claim or buying the part yourself, if out of warranty.

All of these are elaborated in more detail in existing threads.

I have tried everything you have said before. If I could possibly know what specific part that is faulty so I can replace it because the warranty is expired
2nd September 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 618

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpal

I have tried everything you have said before

It would have been helpful if you had bothered to tell us up front that you had done so.
The primary microphone is part of the charging port assembly.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s5_mic.png
Views:	250
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	2921608  
2nd September 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

It would have been helpful if you had bothered to tell us up front that you had done so.
The primary microphone is part of the charging port assembly.

Ok so replacing that part should fix the problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to navpal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #6  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 8

114 posts
More
I was having mic problems. Remembered a friend having issues on his S3, he used a needle to clean rubbish out of the hole on bottom of the phone. So i did the same, very thin needle only pushed in a small amount, pulled a load of fluff out. Problem solved. Two mics on s5, bottom is for using phone normally, top is for when you use in speaker mode.

Might be worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to pr1vate piles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Locating.........
Thanks Meter: 348

646 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpal

My microphone on my S5 is not working. When I make a call I can hear the person but they can not hear me I also tried recording my voice and it didn't work, so clearly I am assuming the microphone is broken. What part do I specifically need in order to replace the microphone and have it working?

Is your phone rooted?
If yes than are you using custom kernel?
If Yes than which kernel?

Sometimes it is due to kernel.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread