Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Edition

Tip us?

jalmass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Cool [Q] Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Edition

Dears,

How is everyone doing?
I have been an Android user for many years (Nexus Flagship to be precise), last year I switched to the Galaxy S4 GPE and it was an amazing phone.
After the release of Galaxy S5, I have been waiting patiently for the release of the GPE, but there are no words yet other than the rumors, speculations, Google putting it's image on the store instead of the S4 by mistake. And that's it.

You may be wondering what this topic is about, I need an advise from you guys on:

1- Is there any hope for it to be released, or was the rumors about Google not going through the trouble of releasing it because of the heart rate and finger sensors.

2- If yes, how long do you think we will wait?

3- I HATE samsung TouchWIz and the bloats that comes with it, is there any custom Stock ROM for it yet?

4- Is there a stable Cyanogenmod for the S5 ?

Regards,

jalmass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Oh, forgot to mention, the reason why I'm not interested in any other GPE devices is that they all together lack one thing I think it's important to have in a smartphone, a (DECENT CAMERA), every device released by Google whether it was a Nexus or something else lacks a good camera. as a photographer/multimedia user and a blogger, it is a necessary for me.

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7826

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalmass View Post
Dears,

How is everyone doing?
I have been an Android user for many years (Nexus Flagship to be precise), last year I switched to the Galaxy S4 GPE and it was an amazing phone.
After the release of Galaxy S5, I have been waiting patiently for the release of the GPE, but there are no words yet other than the rumors, speculations, Google putting it's image on the store instead of the S4 by mistake. And that's it.

You may be wondering what this topic is about, I need an advise from you guys on:

1- Is there any hope for it to be released, or was the rumors about Google not going through the trouble of releasing it because of the heart rate and finger sensors.

2- If yes, how long do you think we will wait?

3- I HATE samsung TouchWIz and the bloats that comes with it, is there any custom Stock ROM for it yet?

4- Is there a stable Cyanogenmod for the S5 ?

Regards,
1 and 2 - read this thread >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2796346

3 and 4 - look in the development forums, if threads for what you want exist, then the answers are yes, else no.

Brava27
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Stick with the S4 or get an iPhone.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Telus Galaxy S5
HTC M8, LG G2, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Blackberry Torch 9810, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Tour 9630, iDEN Motorola i800, i790, etc, Motorola Pebble, Nokia 6000, Motorola StarTak
Telus
Toronto, Canada