Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some advice with Tasker.

Tip us?

Sithlyone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Need some advice with Tasker.

I am unsure if this is the correct forum or not but i need some assistance with Tasker. I can get it to turn on music with a text but I can't seem to get it to do other things, like read my texts aloud or adjust brightness/volume at specific times. I have followed several tuts i found on YouTube with no luck. I'm sure i have something that overrides tasker but i don't know where to look. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

dreskullz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
you are right this is not the right forum. there is a forum called tasker for noob/beginner that will answer simple question like these. however tasker might behave a lil different on the galaxy s5 (you do have a s5 right?). so I'm willing to help you out here. please explain all your tasker problems in details

Sithlyone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
ok, thank you

I am wanting to have my phone (S5) read text messages to me when I am in my vehicle. I found this tutorial on youtube: http://youtu.be/GMuvSY7Car0

I followed the directions to have it read the text to me, here are some screen shots.

I have also looked at that thread you referenced and my knowledge of Tasker is so limited I'm sure it will take me forever to filter through it. (which I plan on doing soon, but I want to get this task set up so soon.

Anything you need to know specifically? I am using the samsung messaging app, no 3rd party app. And I'm not rooted. Just updated to 4.4.2 the other day.

Thank you for giving me a hand.

dreskullz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlyone View Post
ok, thank you

I am wanting to have my phone (S5) read text messages to me when I am in my vehicle. I found this tutorial on youtube: http://youtu.be/GMuvSY7Car0

I followed the directions to have it read the text to me, here are some screen shots.

I have also looked at that thread you referenced and my knowledge of Tasker is so limited I'm sure it will take me forever to filter through it. (which I plan on doing soon, but I want to get this task set up so soon.

Anything you need to know specifically? I am using the samsung messaging app, no 3rd party app. And I'm not rooted. Just updated to 4.4.2 the other day.

Thank you for giving me a hand.
ok going to help you now, but I want you to change the post title to tasker for s5 if that's ok, I think It will be useful for others that way

but this is what you will do for me now.. when you open tasker press the menu button (on the s5 that's long pressing the recent key button or touch the 3 dot at the top right hand corner) when you do that select enable. this will enable tasker as you have it disable now. I notice that the tasker icon is full gray which mean its disable, when its enable the lighten in the tasker icon will be orange....do that and make me know if it work