FORUMS

[Q&A] [Guides & Links] THE GALAXY S5 UNIFIED MODS THREAD

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 28th March 2015, 04:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Q&A for [Guides & Links] THE GALAXY S5 UNIFIED MODS THREAD

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [Guides & Links] THE GALAXY S5 UNIFIED MODS THREAD. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

28th March 2015, 04:20 PM |#2  

More
Talking Remove Quickconnect & Sfind from Pulldown
Hello,
Please can anyone help me remove Quickconnect & Sfind from Pulldown --> Galaxy I9505 (lollippop), i am rooted but i cant figure out how to edit the SystemUI.apk (decompile & stuff).

Thank You
28th March 2015, 05:10 PM |#3  
Flag Lakewood, CO
Thanks Meter: 2,387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyShade

Hello,
Please can anyone help me remove Quickconnect & Sfind from Pulldown --> Galaxy I9505 (lollippop), i am rooted but i cant figure out how to edit the SystemUI.apk (decompile & stuff).

Thank You

You're going to need to do a bunch of reading, then more, then more. It's not the hardest thing to do, but removing stuff like that can be tricky. You're better off flashing a custom rom for now. There are plenty of threads with a ton of info here though.
28th March 2015, 08:11 PM |#4  

More
Wink Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78

You're going to need to do a bunch of reading, then more, then more. It's not the hardest thing to do, but removing stuff like that can be tricky. You're better off flashing a custom rom for now. There are plenty of threads with a ton of info here though.

i did managed to modd the SytemUi but wen i put it back on to the phone it crashed the SystemUi, couldn't recover even whith restore and original file, reinstaled the rom, still buggiing me alot those buttons, the lollippop for the s4 was released rather a short time ago. so anyone wants to help me get rid of those buttons ( i have a problem whith "Everyting should be almost perfect")

Thank you for your time
28th March 2015, 08:54 PM |#5  
Flag Lakewood, CO
Thanks Meter: 2,387

More
You should check out a program called winmerge, I use it all the time when modding. It lets you compare files to find what you need.
29th March 2015, 12:21 AM |#6  
Recognized Themer
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 4,826

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyShade

Hello,

Thank You

Decompile SystemUI.apk and go to values/dimens

And change this
Code:
<dimen name="finder_connect_layout_height">57.0dip</dimen
To this
Code:
<dimen name="finder_connect_layout_height">0.0dip</dimen
29th March 2015, 02:44 AM |#7  

More
increasing ringtone
Hi guys ive just regained root on firmware G900IDVU1ANK1 and i am trying to remove the annoying increasing ringtone. I have followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733001 but the stupid thing still rings ascending. I noticed that there is only 1 instance of this line - Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V where as the thread says there should be 2. I used the SecTeleService apk from an earlier version rom (NE1) but it just crashes.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel.
29th March 2015, 11:51 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 29,879

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo24

Hi guys ive just regained root on firmware G900IDVU1ANK1 and i am trying to remove the annoying increasing ringtone. I have followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733001 but the stupid thing still rings ascending. I noticed that there is only 1 instance of this line - Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V where as the thread says there should be 2. I used the SecTeleService apk from an earlier version rom (NE1) but it just crashes.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel.

If you are doing this for Android L, the file to modify is now Telecom.apk and the guide is near the bottom of post #4 in my home guide thread.
29th March 2015, 12:36 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

If you are doing this for Android L, the file to modify is now Telecom.apk and the guide is near the bottom of post #4 in my home guide thread.

No, im still running 4.4.2, rom is NJ1 build
20th April 2015, 08:20 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
edit
Last edited by ErPabro; 20th April 2015 at 10:43 PM.
21st April 2015, 06:29 PM |#11  

More
does not work vibration
keeping back
kill does not vibrate
thanks

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)